IGNORED

On Train To Palace...

Kid in the Riot

And no surprise theres only a handful of City on board.

Got me thinking City should try and do a deal with the rail company and do a return ticket for £15/£20. Surely this would entice many more to make the trip?? A reduction in match ticket price would prob go along way too.

On a Tuesday avo the trains are generally empty, this one is a tenth full at best.

Would a reduction in prices make more people travel? Or is it just that we are second bottom and will likely lose tonight?!

You reds.

Got me thinking City should try and do a deal with the rail company and do a return ticket for £15/£20. Surely this would entice many more to make the trip?? A reduction in match ticket price would prob go along way too.

On a Tuesday avo the trains are generally empty, this one is a tenth full at best.

Would a reduction in prices make more people travel? Or is it just that we are second bottom and will likely lose tonight?!

You reds.

Maybe you're a bit early?

Train fares are extortionate. Had the pleasure of fronting the best part of £200 to get down and back to London in rush hour a few weeks back. Thankfully claimable on expenses but FFS, if i had taken those seats as first class, i would of been looking at £300!

Could probably fly half way around the world for that price. Let the train take the strain they used to say....more like your wallet!

Train fans are only attractive if you book a long way in advance.

As it is train companies only care about peak times. Thats where they make their money. Everything else is just a bonus. There's no need for them to attract more punters at cheaper prices, as they would have costed everything when they bid for the franchise.

It should be nationalised, but would you trust the public sector to do a better job?

£53 return to London isn't exactly extortionate though.

However, £93 just to get to London tomorrow morning is steep.

Exactly, how about if it was about £70 anytime of day...would represent better value. Don't even get me started on Firstbus in Bristol and there no return before 9 policy.

Commuting to work it was cheaper for me to get a Day Rider......unlimited travel across Bristol all day for £5, or 2 singles at £2.95 each....these companies treat us like mugs as they know full well we have no other choice.

Just decided to drive and walk 10 mins, cost no more in fuel and i don't have to sit next to Mr Smelly/noisy headphones/Teens chatting shite.

I am old enough to remember the 'Football Specials' trains that only carried football fans to matches,they were cheap and used carriages that were the worse for wear but were a great way of getting to an away game,although it was the days when police would meet you and frog march you to the ground and the toilets had no paper as it was thrown on the pitch when the teams came out !

You reds.

a reduction in the overall cost of an away day would make me go more, its sometimes difficult getting time off work and often works out to be an expensive day out. IMO midweek games should have reduced ticket prices, look how many we took to Watford last season when tickets are going cheap. we wouldn't have took half that number if it was £28 to get in

Fair play to those following our lot around the country, remember the days when I used to and trains were "specials" and also carried players and fans. Coach travel took forever on incomplete m/way systems, was fun though. Oh to be young again.

Safe journeys to all you out there. :clap:

Archived