IGNORED

The Run In

WiltshireRed

Wednesday have Birminham (A), Palace (H), Forest (H), Watford (A), Leicester (A), Cardiff (H), Barnsley (H), Bristol City (A), Blackburn (H), Millwall (A), Leeds (A), Blackpool (A), Ipswich (H), Peterborough (A), Middlesborough (H).

A lot of these games are with teams which are very likely to still have things to play for judging by the current table, especially there last 3 games (Ipswich and P'Borough to stay up and M'Borough for play offs). Before this they have 3 consecutive away games (including going to the den and elland road which are tough for anyone), this will be a very tough 6 games to finish on for Wednesday.

I reckon they are certs to fill one relegation spot after looking at that... So the other Two?

Peterborough only have Wednesday, Birmingham and Huddersfield (maybe Ipswich included) in there games which are involved fully in the relegation scrap and I believe these 6 pointers will make or break teams, we have Barnsley, Birmingham, Wednesday, Wolves and Huddersfield so too me (also considering other fixtures remaining) I believe if we perform in these big games we can gurantee Peterborough will finish below us (despite games in hand). So that theoretically puts them in a relegation spot IMO as I really believe they'll be below us, so will the last spot be ours or someone elses?

Barnsley have one of the easier run ins however tonight (on current form) you'd expect them to beat Wolves however it wouldn't be suprising to see Wolves win either. After this however if we can win against them, you again wouldn't be suprised to see them get 0-6 points from there next 7 league games, Bolton (H), Burnley (A), Brighton (H), Watford (H), Wednesday (A), Leicester (H), Palace (A). Alternatively they could keep current form and pick up a lot of points (IMO they won't) so I think it'll be easier to decide in a few more games.

I honestly cannot pick out the 3rd team to go, I do believe Wednesday and Peterborough will go down then the last spot will be between Us, Barnsley, Wolves, Birmingham and Huddersfield, I have no real reason to pick one of them out however I think it will be between Barnsley and Birmingham, most probably Barnsley, just due to squads and my predictions on results.

I really think that looking at the run in we have one of the easier ones and if we can keep winning at home and pick up some points on the road we are good contenders to stay up IMO.

On a side note, despite hating Cardiff and not being amazingly keen on Hull, if they continue form and finish top 2, that'll mean both teams will get officially promoted in the same stadium. What a wierd scenario that'll be but a huge promotion party for both fans i would imagine!

The Championship is probably the most competitive league there is - anyone really can beat anyone so its hard to predict results.

I don't want us to rely solely on home form though, we do need to pick up points away from home. Our recent home success has been built on discipline and orginisation against teams who have visited to Ashton Gate with the intention of picking up 3 points.

What happens when a point away to City becomes a decent result and the emphasis becomes on us to attack?

Those 6 pointers will prove crucial though, and you still have to fancy us due to being at home.

Our run-in certainly could be a lot worse, especially April! Those home games against teams around us, it's like last year even when we looked in serious trouble i always thought if we could just beat forest and coventry on that easter weekend we'd be alright, and so it proved.

Before reading this i thought Sheff Wed would survive comfortably, but they've got a few tough games coming up. Watford (A), Leicester (A) then Cardiff (H) one after the other - jesus! Obviously anything can happen in the championship, but all it takes are a couple of defeats, a loss of confidence and they'll be right in the thick of it again...

The Championship is probably the most competitive league there is - anyone really can beat anyone so its hard to predict results.

I don't want us to rely solely on home form though, we do need to pick up points away from home. Our recent home success has been built on discipline and orginisation against teams who have visited to Ashton Gate with the intention of picking up 3 points.

What happens when a point away to City becomes a decent result and the emphasis becomes on us to attack?

Those 6 pointers will prove crucial though, and you still have to fancy us due to being at home.

Yes, I agree about the competitiveness, you are very right but this was just if I was to guess. We're more likely to finish top 2 with Peterbrough than for me to be right!

I think away from home we should keep trying this organised and solid football as at home and just look to beat teams by the odd goals, I feel the position we are in, in terms of competitors, league positions etc. we can either go for it and just attack attack attack every game or keep going the way we are...

Our run-in certainly could be a lot worse, especially April! Those home games against teams around us, it's like last year even when we looked in serious trouble i always thought if we could just beat forest and coventry on that easter weekend we'd be alright, and so it proved.

Before reading this i thought Sheff Wed would survive comfortably, but they've got a few tough games coming up. Watford (A), Leicester (A) then Cardiff (H) one after the other - jesus! Obviously anything can happen in the championship, but all it takes are a couple of defeats, a loss of confidence and they'll be right in the thick of it again...

It's going to be very interesting like last season as you said. We just need to try and get all of our squad fit again and keep heading in the correct direction in terms of performances, points will follow just hopefully we can start doing better away, preferably starting tonight!

It's going to be very interesting like last season as you said. We just need to try and get all of our squad fit again and keep heading in the correct direction in terms of performances, points will follow just hopefully we can start doing better away, preferably starting tonight!

Agreed, every point we can manage away will be a bonus and take a little of the pressure of the homegames.

Another issue with run ins is form. With this timing is really important. Like last season Coventry seemed to have peaked about February time, stringing some wins together, but then started losing more. In my opinion Barnsley, although looking pretty good at the moment, have peaked too soon. This is promising for us though, because as I mentioned earlier we have a nice run of home games in April that could see us come into form just when it matters.

Another issue with run ins is form. With this timing is really important. Like last season Coventry seemed to have peaked about February time, stringing some wins together, but then started losing more. In my opinion Barnsley, although looking pretty good at the moment, have peaked too soon. This is promising for us though, because as I mentioned earlier we have a nice run of home games in April that could see us come into form just when it matters.

Fantastic point and leading on from that, without being to optimistic in some sense I would say we aren't really on form, too me we are just being how good we should be at home, our squad is more than capable of being close to any team who VISITS us.. Therefore I feel no matter what this will continue till the end of the season whereas I would bet my last pound that Wednesday and Barnsley won't keep their 'form' going. So hopefully we can actually hit some proper form and compete away too

Have us just surviving with 45 points in 20th place.

The problem with predictors is that you tend to find yourself adding the odd win, or giving the rival relegation opposition losses. When I went through and was a brutally honest as I could be, we scrape survival - we were relegation fodder until the last few weeks where the other relegation teams started nicking points of each other and condemning themselves.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/predictor/default.stm

Have us just surviving with 45 points in 20th place.

The problem with predictors is that you tend to find yourself adding the odd win, or giving the rival relegation opposition losses. When I went through and was a brutally honest as I could be, we scrape survival - we were relegation fodder until the last few weeks where the other relegation teams started nicking points of each other and condemning themselves.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/predictor/default.stm

Got us 19th on 49 points aswell, however I thought I was against us if anyone.

Loss Palace (A).

Win Barnsley (H).

Loss Blackpool (A).

Draw Brighton (H).

Draw Middlesborough (H).

Loss Wolves (A).

Loss Derby (A).

Win Wednesday (H).

Loss Burnley (A).

Draw Bolton (H).

Win Birmingham (H).

Loss Hull (A).

Win Huddersfield (H).

Win Charlton (A).

I wouldn't like to leave it to beating Huddersfield and Charlton though. Put a win against Charlton as I think/hopefully Charlton have nothing to play for by then...

Also I know some teams in my table have played 45, not sure why, but doesn't make massive changes. Also I havent considered GD

post-22261-0-29684200-1361299920_thumb.p

Archived