IGNORED

Why's It So Glum In Here?

Randy Marsh

I know, I know... It's common knowledge that most of the sun shine bus City fans who bash the buttons which haven't been disabled by dribble can't help but freak out on here on a usual basis but what was so upsetting by tonight?

City were never going to pick up any points tonight or Saturday (if you think otherwise you truly don't understand football and that 9 times out of 10 the better team wins).

The aim remains the same. Win all our home games. Hasn't changed since the last home game.

So chill the **** out.

Mate sorry but 9 points out of 21 is relegation form..

Starting to accept we are the worst team in the league and are going down.

IS IT REALLY RELEGATION FORM?! You are aware we have been in this situation for months? It's nt surprising a relegation team has relegation form.

There's plenty of us back in November who accepted relegation. We've been given a chance since everyone's favourite Jock **** was sent packing.

Home games are the ones we need to win. From what I've seen SO'D could do the impossible - and that is what it is.

Wolves and Huddersfield are 21 / 22nd in league form - they are both in freefall - we are 9th. If we keep doing what we are doing we will stay up - it's going to be tight, and we need to get points in the crucial 6 pointer games, but that was the case before Cardiff/Palace as well as now.

It's not over -

I know, I know... It's common knowledge that most of the sun shine bus City fans who bash the buttons which haven't been disabled by dribble can't help but freak out on here on a usual basis but what was so upsetting by tonight?

City were never going to pick up any points tonight or Saturday (if you think otherwise you truly don't understand football and that 9 times out of 10 the better team wins).

The aim remains the same. Win all our home games. Hasn't changed since the last home game.

So chill the **** out.

I wasn't expecting much from these games, but once again results around us have made for grim reading. I for one will not except we are down until we are down.

One result I don't know is how Randy and the smashers got on in Cardiff? Sandwiches ok?

I'm glum. Not because we lost but because we have lost 4 away games in a row under S'OD and we have been too afraid to have a go.

Did I think we would lose all 4 games? Yes.

Would I be happier in defeat if we had been more adventurous in our selection and set up? Yes - and you never know, we might have got our noses in front or nicked a point.

We are going down, thats now becoming clearer by the week as other teams continue to pick up points. I'd just prefer it if we went down having a go rather going for damage limitation.

That's why I'm glum.

Er 9 points from 7 games is 1.29 points per game which over a season is 59 points, which is generally good enough for lower mid table

I wasn't expecting much from these games, but once again results around us have made for grim reading. I for one will not except we are down until we are down.

One result I don't know is how Randy and the smashers got on in Cardiff? Sandwiches ok?

Slaughtered them pal.

While the decoy kept the police busy by fighting furniture we had a proper smash up at the castle.

Only disappointment was someone made peanut butter sandwiches and two of the lads suffocated to death thanks to their allergies.

Happens though so no grudges.

I think the appointment of O'Driscoll and his deputy (who are experts in league 1) and the signings we have and haven't made show that in reality the club is gearing up early to try to bounce back up next year if S O'D doesn';t manage the impossible.

However we still need seven wins from 14 and we have seven home games so it is still possible as others have said on this thread and I'll keep believing and hoping. i do think though that we should be more adventurous awauy fronm home where we clearly have little chance and might as well at least surprise the opposition...maybe then we could get someone to head it into their own net in the first minute instead of the last so we hgad something to hang on to!

Er 9 points from 7 games is 1.29 points per game which over a season is 59 points, which is generally good enough for lower mid table

Correct me if im wrong but 1.29points per game untill the end of the season gets us what?? About 17-18 points. Add that to what we have now and see if we reach the magic number!!

i wish you had this much backing before the vote for mayor came about pal ;)

i think we're down. i will hang on to the hope that we may stay up however.

if we do stay up, i think it might be a non-blessing, in a roundabout way it might do us better as a club to go down (provided we can bounce straight back up, wages etc....) but let's all stay positive. vote randy!

Why's it so glum, what a question. We are nailed on getting relegated.

Nothing gets past you, eh?

Two defeats to what will be Premier League teams doesn't change that.

I am just purely amazed that it's taken these two defeats to make some of you notice this?

As prev said, some of us already accepted it back in November yet most wanted to ride it out with McInnes. We have a slight chance at the impossible however, now he's gone, and that is the home games.

IS IT REALLY RELEGATION FORM?! You are aware we have been in this situation for months? It's nt surprising a relegation team has relegation form.

There's plenty of us back in November who accepted relegation. We've been given a chance since everyone's favourite Jock **** was sent packing.

Home games are the ones we need to win. From what I've seen SO'D could do the impossible - and that is what it is.

Wow that's the most contradictions I've ever seen in one post. You've baffled me into agreeing , well definately stay up using your logic.

I don't think we're any less likely to stay up now than we were on Saturday morning. Don't know about any of you but i wasn't banking on any points from these last two games.

The objective remains the same: win our home games and pick up whatever we can away. Bar Hull these were our hardest away games, so i don't see how two defeats affects this in any way

However I do agree with the point that we might as well go for it away. If wit sit back, hoof and play for a draw it's guarenteed we'll lose, whereas at least going for it we have a chance.

I'm working in Nottingham so tonight took the opportunity to watch Forest and Huddersfield tonight. Grew up in Yorkshire and have soft spot for the Terriers, City v Huddersfield being my fantasy Champions' League final (Not holding breath on that one). Some good songs from Forest, BTW, my favourite being directed at the away support as the goals piled in: "You've lost that loving feeling". Bit of a mystery why they came out to Mull of Kyntire for each half - anybody know?

Anyway, back to the game - grieves me as it does Huddersfield were beyond dire tonight and I would be very surprised if they get many more points this season. No defence and a mid-field that couldn't tackle or pass. Would have been a lot worse if Forest had been trying much in the second half. I would put a lot of money on City finishing above Huddersfield (our last home game) - we would then only need to find a couple more to get past and we're there.

I know things look bad now, but remember that we now have 3 of the next 4 at home, with the one away being Blackpool, no doubt inspired by the Guardiola-like Paul Ince. 7 or 8 points from those 4 seems possible to me - and if we get that we'll still have a chance.

Nowhere near over yet, IMO.

Archived