IGNORED

A Look At The Remaining Games For Us And Rivals

Loderingo

While it is disappointing to lose 2 on the bounce we at least don't have to play these teams again. The teams we have left are as follows:

Top 8

Hull A, Brighton H, Middlesborough H

We seem to generally do well against Middlesborough so I think we can get 4 points

Middle 8

Derby A, Burnley A, Charlton A Blackpool A Bolton H

I'm hoping that Charlton will be ready for their holiday by then as we might need a win. I think we can get 5 points (we must surely pick up some away points somewhere along the line)

Bottom 8

Brum H, Weds, H, Barnsley H, Hudds H, Wolves A

I think we can get 11 points here with 4 home games

That would give us 51 points which would be enough most years. If we get that and go down we will be very unlucky and at least should be well set to bounce back

So comparing us against the others:

City Top 8 - 2H 1A, Middle 8 1H 4A, Bottom 8 4H 1A

Peterborough Top 8 - 3H 2A, Middle 8 2H 4A, Bottom 8 3H 1A

Wolves Top 8 - 4H 2A, Middle 8 2H 2A, Bottom 8 2H 1A

Hudds Top 8 - 2H 1A, Middle 8 2H 4A, Bottom 8 3H 2A

Barns Top 8 - 4H 3A, Middle 8 3H 1A, Bottom 8 0H 3A

Sheff W Top 8 - 3H 3A, Middle 8 1H 3A, Bottom 8 2H 2A

Ipswich Top 8 - 3H 1A, Middle 8 2H 3A, Bottom 8 1H 3A

Brum Top 8 - 0H 4A, Middle 8 5H 0A, Bottom 8 1H 3A

So on paper us and Hudds probably have the easiest run ins while Barnsley, Wolves and Wednesday look to have the toughest run ins with 6-7 of the top 8 to play

Looking at those, there are plenty of teams there that we COULD beat. It ain't over yet. Beat Barnsley on Sat and then just 5 or 6 more. Certainly enough reason for hope there.

What worries me is the win percentage needed that someone posted on another thread - 50% if not a bit more when our % for the last 13 is about 30%. The hope comes from more recent form - our win % for the last 6 is 50%. So the question is, can we do that for the next 2 batches of 6 games? My heart says yes my head is unsure.

So on paper us and Hudds probably have the easiest run ins while Barnsley, Wolves and Wednesday look to have the toughest run ins with 6-7 of the top 8 to play

I'd add P'boro to that list; 7 away games against top and middle side teams! Having said that, if their performance is anything to go by last night, then 'ahh'.

Good piece of work there, makes me feel a little more at least - especially considering we have the most games in the bottom half remaining, four of those being at home,

While it is disappointing to lose 2 on the bounce we at least don't have to play these teams again. The teams we have left are as follows:

Top 8

Hull A, Brighton H, Middlesborough H

We seem to generally do well against Middlesborough so I think we can get 4 points

Middle 8

Derby A, Burnley A, Charlton A Blackpool A Bolton H

I'm hoping that Charlton will be ready for their holiday by then as we might need a win. I think we can get 5 points (we must surely pick up some away points somewhere along the line)

Bottom 8

Brum H, Weds, H, Barnsley H, Hudds H, Wolves A

I think we can get 11 points here with 4 home games

That would give us 51 points which would be enough most years. If we get that and go down we will be very unlucky and at least should be well set to bounce back

So comparing us against the others:

As you say, it looks good for us and I'm hopeful. However there are so many variables that in the real world it's not so simple. For example recent form has to be considered. Barnsley have won 8 and drawn 1 of the last 9 matches. Signings by all teams in the January window plus future loan signings will also have an affect on the teams' form for the remainder of the season. Then there is the injury situation at each club and strenghth in depth of each squad. (Strength in depth is something City are lacking)

Archived