IGNORED

Uefa Champions Payout Games Match Thread

PhilC

Not often I start a thread, and not sure if I have ever started a non-city thread but two massive games tonight in AC Milan V Barca and Galatasary V Schalke 04.

I feel Galatasary V Schalke could potentially be a good game. Schalke usually perform reasonably well for one of the more average teams in the Champions league but being a German side they do know how to play football, although it is worth bearing in mind they do not currently sit too comfortably in the league (ninth).

Galatasary meanwhile should be in buoyant mood having reached this stage of the competition, and with what now looks like a pretty strong squad. Melo and Sneijder are both players to watch...and you know I don't need to mention the ex Shanghai Shenhua player.

Not a lot of big names in that fixture, and it is overshadowed somewhat by the other game tonight AC V Barca.

I really don't know where to start with this fixture. Two excellent teams both in good form. (Although personally I do not think Barca are playing as well in the UCL or Liga España this season as they did last season)
The home squad can boast players such as Mexes, Boateng (Odd one that...) Ambrosini, Traore as well as others and Barca; well we all know about them...Valdes, Alves, Pique, Fabregas, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi...and that isn't even half. You can expect a cracking atmosphere.

Prediction:

Galatasary V Schalke 04: A tight game which I would expect the home side to win but can't help but think the Geramans will sneak a goal or two. 2-2.

AC Milan V Barca: Again a tough call, and I think this will be close, but expect Barca to come out best. 2-3.

Half way through the first half and no suprise Barca are hogging the ball with 64% of the posession. More even in the other game at 52 and 48% with the advantage to the home side. Schalke have had chances with one coming close to being an OG.

Still sticking with my prediction but the Barca game look less interesting than the game in Turkey...

Well, just as I was preparing a post apologising thinking I was on to something with these games, Schalke have equalised. It has been coming, and good for them to get a goal.

...but still, sorry guys I thought I was on to something here but these games suck! Who was it that said Barca was Tippy Tappy football in a thread the other day?

I think I will give up on the thread though :dunno:

I wouldn't say that's 100% but highly likely. Barca could win at their place but 3-0 takes some asking. Crazy result if AC pull off a clean sheet.

Not that much of a shock. Italian teams have always been able to defend well. It is what they are good at. You see why messi wants to stay in spain, where defences are much weaker. Helps attacking players no end.

If you can score regularly in Italy, you'll score anywhere

I would have predicted 1-0 milan have done really well to get it to 2. I bet they defend it in the 2nd leg.

Not that much of a shock. Italian teams have always been able to defend well. It is what they are good at. You see why messi wants to stay in spain, where defences are much weaker. Helps attacking players no end.

I would have predicted 1-0 milan have done really well to get it to 2. I bet they defend it in the 2nd leg.

Shevchenko?

That's why I say takes some asking I do not think they will keep the clean sheet which will see them go out. I hope the return leg is better than for just 20- -25 minutes. I think it will be. Now you mention it, it was a typical Italian tempo.

Shevchenko?

What about him? He came to britain injured, at the arse end of his career basically for the money. If you had him here in his mid 20s he would have torn it up. He was part cripple here. Lost most of his pace. As per most to quality players, they start here then at their peak go to italy or spain. Or spend their peak in italy and spain, and come here as worn out ex stars looking for a payday, once they are found out they then head off to Qatar, america, china. Saudi or russia.

That's why I say takes some asking I do not think they will keep the clean sheet which will see them go out. I hope the return leg is better than for just 20- -25 minutes. I think it will be. Now you mention it, it was a typical Italian tempo.

They may not, Barcelona are good at digging and digging for space. But I reckon if the do keep a clean sheet, I reckon they will also nick an away goal. Italian teams are nowhere near as wasteful as Spanish teams. Should be a cracking match.

What about him? He came to britain injured, at the arse end of his career basically for the money. If you had him here in his mid 20s he would have torn it up. He was part cripple here. Lost most of his pace. As per most to quality players, they start here then at their peak go to italy or spain. Or spend their peak in italy and spain, and come here as worn out ex stars looking for a payday, once they are found out they then head off to Qatar, america, china. Saudi or russia.

He was also shoved out to the right wing for a lot of the time.

Archived