IGNORED

Stop Being So Negative

Red Till I'm Dead

Guys, i know we're bottom of the league, i gathered we all know this, but the thing is, the fight isn't over yet. We have 13 games, and in those 13 games we can get 39 points if we win all games. If we go down, we go down, nothing we can do about that, but how about you stop your whining and support the boys into staying up, we would not like to get relegated, but at least show you want too see championship football next season.

For me; we are staying up, 39 points we can get, i think we can get at least 30 points.

So how about we all support the boys onto staying up.

Hate me if you want, i couldn't give a damn.

Guys, i know we're bottom of the league, i gathered we all know this, but the thing is, the fight isn't over yet. We have 13 games, and in those 13 games we can get 39 points if we win all games. If we go down, we go down, nothing we can do about that, but how about you stop your whining and support the boys into staying up, we would not like to get relegated, but at least show you want too see championship football next season.

For me; we are staying up, 39 points we can get, i think we can get at least 30 points.

Slightly ambitious!

Same kind of posts this time last year as well yet we stayed up. I dont think we'll get 30 points but between 21 and 24 IF the players can play like they have shown in flashes this season, just need some consistency to go with it but as they say 'its not over till its over'.

Same kind of posts this time last year as well yet we stayed up. I dont think we'll get 30 points but between 21 and 24 IF the players can play like they have shown in flashes this season, just need some consistency to go with it but as they say 'its not over till its over'.

'its not over till its over' my point exactly, we ARE staying up.

The fans have a right to be negative, 22 losses in 35 games this season. People have been telling me for months to be more positive, but there's a fine-line between being negative and realistic.

I feel we've been fairly supportive of the players this year considering the circumstances, so I wouldn't say as a whole we've been negative at all, at least in the sense that the negativity shouldn't have an effect on the team. Unlike this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-gtLJn4qPY

The fans have a right to be negative, 22 losses in 35 games this season. People have been telling me for months to be more positive, but there's a fine-line between being negative and realistic.

I feel we've been fairly supportive of the players this year considering the circumstances, so I wouldn't say as a whole we've been negative at all, at least in the sense that the negativity shouldn't have an effect on the team. Unlike this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-gtLJn4qPY

If there's one team I fancy us finishing above this season, it's Wolves. They are in dire straits, at least there's a semblance of unity about our club.

What's the point in giving up? Let's give up if/when we are relegated, we can still get out of this while it's mathematically possible.

See my problem with the positive side is that the facts and figures don't add up.

39 points to play for.. sounds great but the realism is that in 33 games we've got 31! We're averaging 0.93 points per game, if we maintain that average it'd take us 7 games to catch up Huddersfield and that's based on them losing every game they play!

Our next opponents are top of the form table and that's a must win game! We also still have to play Hull who are 2nd in the league and 3rd in form.

The only positives we have is that the rest of our games are against lower half of the table teams with little to play for or relegation battling teams but then again most of the lower teams are fighting to survive, I don't see that fight in us.

All in all I wouldn't get your hopes up, we're pretty much done for unless SOD has some magic up his sleeves and can turn a beaten team into world beaters before we play Barnsley. The Robin in me says we can still do it but the problem is my brain, what we've witnessed this season, stats, form, the weaknesses we have and so much more all say we're going down.

Tell me to stop being negative by all means but it's not going to change the fact that as positive as I can get the most likely scenario is that the positivity will just blow up in my face come the end of the season.

Going on the last three seasons, 48 points has been enough to stay up. We therefore need 17 points from 13 games.

Our form since O'Driscoll took charge has been P7 W3 L4, or 1.28 points/game

If O'Driscoll maintains this form for the rest of the season we can expect to achieve another 1.28*13 = 16 points.

Ergo, O'Driscoll only needs to improve our current form by just 3% (1.31 instead of 1.28 points/game) to reach a 17-point haul, giving us 48 points.

Certainly an achievable target in my opinion. In fact, if O'Driscoll doesn't keep us up, I'll be questioning his credentials too! ;)

See my problem with the positive side is that the facts and figures don't add up.

The problem I have with the negative side is that the only possible motive is to be proved right, which is pretty poor really for supporters.

It doesn't matter what the facts and figures are, being negative cannot possibly help and being positive and defiant just might help a little. That should be all anybody needs to really think about.

The problem I have with the negative side is that the only possible motive is to be proved right, which is pretty poor really for supporters.

It doesn't matter what the facts and figures are, being negative cannot possibly help and being positive and defiant just might help a little. That should be all anybody needs to really think about.

The other posible motive would be realism, a reduction of impact of something none of us want to happen. Accepting the likely hood that we are going to be relegated helps when it becomes a reality.

Being defiant and positive doesn't help on these forums unless of course the players are reading them and if they are then they certainly are not showing it when the forum has been positive. Being positive at the matches, at the Gate and if you happen to bump into a player makes sense but people are frustrated, they turn up, they back the team and in response they get a lacklustre performance that seems to lack heart.

I don't believe many of the squad want to be here any more but don't feel in a position to say they want to leave as it would make them appear "unprofessional" or maybe they just are too comfortable here now, whatever it is I see more heart down my local fields on a Sunday than I do from the guys who are driving fancy cars around working less hours than most of us. Can you honestly blame the fans for feeling negative when we're two wins with 4-5 other teams all needing to lose before we're back in with a shout of survival?

The other posible motive would be realism, a reduction of impact of something none of us want to happen. Accepting the likely hood that we are going to be relegated helps when it becomes a reality.

I think if people feel like that they're probably kidding themselves that it lessens the impact and they're actually taking on an impact they might not even have to suffer.

Being defiant and positive doesn't help on these forums unless of course the players are reading them and if they are then they certainly are not showing it when the forum has been positive. Being positive at the matches, at the Gate and if you happen to bump into a player makes sense but people are frustrated, they turn up, they back the team and in response they get a lacklustre performance that seems to lack heart.

I think it does matter because whether the players or management do or not (and the evidence is they do) thousands of fans read the forum and carry that mood into the stadium.

I don't believe many of the squad want to be here any more but don't feel in a position to say they want to leave as it would make them appear "unprofessional" or maybe they just are too comfortable here now, whatever it is I see more heart down my local fields on a Sunday than I do from the guys who are driving fancy cars around working less hours than most of us. Can you honestly blame the fans for feeling negative when we're two wins with 4-5 other teams all needing to lose before we're back in with a shout of survival?

I don't agree with the speculation about whether or not players want to be here, that to me seems like over simplification. When things go badly, people get their heads down, when it persists they lose confidence and hope. That doesn't mean they want to screw the club over, aren't trying or want to leave.

Anyway I'm not arguing about whether or not it's justified - to me it doesn't matter at all. Being defeatist either doesn't help or is actually damaging. Being defiant either doesn't help or does. It's a no brainer.

Being defeatist either doesn't help or is actually damaging. Being defiant either doesn't help or does. It's a no brainer.

Noticed elsewhere that a group of City fan is meeting up for a drink early doors and putting flags up in the ground.

Being defiant there may achieve nothing, might affect something/they will have a bit of fun doing it.

Nothing or defiance. It should not take much thinking about which state of mind is preferable.

Archived