IGNORED

Anyone Else On A Run Like This...?

Alex_BCFC

I go to most away games but I'm on a terrible personal run of not seeing us win away.

On 30th December 2011 I saw us win 1-0 at Saints which was a great win. Since then I have been to 17 away games and seen 15 defeats and 2 draws (Brum and Burnley last season). I don't count Forest as it was on the TV...was on holiday for Peterborough and couldn't make Wednesday or Boro...

I also know a lad who has seen City play about 40 times at AG and never seen them lose a competitive game...

Anyone else on a good or bad run like this?

If it makes you feel better until we scored at Bolton this season I hadn't seen a goal since Leroy (I think) scored at Tranmere!!! I don't get to many and when I was a student I got to even less but it was something like 12 games in that time without even getting to cheer a goal!!!

My record this year isn't bad.

2 out of 2 at home.

2 out 5 away. (Not including fa cup defeat).

Due to work and the distance I can't get to many but reckon I've another 4 I can do this season.

I haven't seen us win away since Play Off Semi against Palace, if you discount that it goes back to Colchester in January of same season. It's somewhere close to 30-40 away games without a win for me

When I was living in London, a not inconsiderable number of years ago, I saw every home game that we didn't win, and none of those that we did. Ironically, I was staying in a bed-sit owned by a City supporter, and he gave me a lift back to Bristol for most of those games. In the end, he stopped doing it, but we still missed promotion by six points.

Guess how many points we dropped in the games that I attended :(

I went 2 years without seeing City win home or away. However, I probably saw about 15 games in that period. I've only been able to get to 2 games this season, and we're unbeaten in those (Watford away and Ipswich home)!!

Under GJ though I had a streak of seeing us win 6/7 in a row away from home. Great times!

Only make 2 or maybe 3 away games a season but don't believe I've seen an away win since back to backs in 2003/2004 when I managed Brighton 1-4 and Peterborough 0-1 within three months of each other.

That aside I make away draws at Swindon & Birmingham as the only highlights. Poor showings indeed.

I do manage to catch an amazing amount of our inept away performances where we lose and never threaten. Derby few years ago, Watford early 2010, Brighton last two attempts, Barnsley this season etc. really motivating games!

Season ticket holder exiled in Norway.

Seen 8 games home and away this season so far. 5 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses. 16 points from 24. Got to be pretty happy with that return given where we find ourselves in the table! No more home games planned but will be at Derby and Charlton so shall hope to keep up the decent form.

leicester city away 3-1 to us and Ivan Sproule scored our best ever goal, and then skuse of all people hit a 30 yard screamer with his left foot

that is my last away win.............so a further 25 away games without an away win for me since.......last one was palace away 2-1 defeat and we were never in the game.......

I go to most away games but I'm on a terrible personal run of not seeing us win away.

On 30th December 2011 I saw us win 1-0 at Saints which was a great win. Since then I have been to 17 away games and seen 15 defeats and 2 draws (Brum and Burnley last season). I don't count Forest as it was on the TV...was on holiday for Peterborough and couldn't make Wednesday or Boro...

I also know a lad who has seen City play about 40 times at AG and never seen them lose a competitive game...

Anyone else on a good or bad run like this?

I'm probably on par with you to be honest. Last time I seen City win away was way back in League 1 where Leroy scored a last minute winner in the pouring rain at Walsall. Granted I don't go to many away games but I've been to:

Newcastle

Derby

Brighton

Palace

Watford

Blackburn

Huddersfield

Mansfield

Walsall

Reading

Out of those I've seen two wins! Walsall and Mansfield ( first away game ) terrible record.

21 now...19 defeats and 2 draws. I was sure Coventry was the one...

Seriously, never go again.

Tbh, I wish it was your fault and we knew it but 14? League away games without a win suggests otherwise.

Edit - I'm sorry, I take it back. Just checked my own record for past 3 seasons. I saw us play away 14 times W0 D6 L8. In fact the last time I saw us win away was against Southampton Nov 2008.

Archived