IGNORED

Suarez

Northampton Red

Messi, Zidane, Cantona.

Look at the example set my Torres. Did exactly the same as Suarez is doing at Liverpool surrounded by average players that made him look good then went to Chelsea and had done nothing. Same would apply to Suarez.

Cantona? Do me a favour.

Cantona? Do me a favour.

Really? Please explain why not? For me he has been one of the greatest players imported into this country ever. I struggle to think of another simular type of player. Im no Man Ure fan but watching him play was something special, Its partly down to him that Man Ure are the club they are today.

When talking about world class players I would think of 11 players to fill a team. Suarez wouldnt even make the bench.

Messi, Zidane, Cantona.

Look at the example set my Torres. Did exactly the same as Suarez is doing at Liverpool surrounded by average players that made him look good then went to Chelsea and had done nothing. Same would apply to Suarez.

Torres scored loads of goals for Liverpool, surely it's harder to score when surrounded by average players? Something went wrong over the past couple of years but you can't say he wasn't a great player when at Liverpool.Plus I'd like to see where Liverpool would be this season with out Suarez.

Agree about Cantona btw

Only player in the EPL that would compete with Suarez is RVP. Mata a close 3rd. Aguero suggestions is laughable. Hes a top player but one of the reasons Man City wont win f all this year. Suarez is an unbelievable player. World Class easily.

Comparisons with Torres are a joke, two completely different players. Injuries have finished Torres. He was a world class player at Anfield because of his burst of speed and devastating finishing. I watched Torres tonight and since his Chelsea move with interest and he does his 1st one or two moves correctly then makes the wrong decision time and again. Liverpool did great business with Torres and Suarez, they let there selves down with Kenny Dalglish's panic buy of Andy Carroll, who i do still believe will become a very competant player for club and country.

Also, on a side note, theres only one player on par with him ive seen down the City ground. Samuel Eto'o.

Only player in the EPL that would compete with Suarez is RVP. Mata a close 3rd. Aguero suggestions is laughable. Hes a top player but one of the reasons Man City wont win f all this year. Suarez is an unbelievable player. World Class easily.

Comparisons with Torres are a joke, two completely different players. Injuries have finished Torres. He was a world class player at Anfield because of his burst of speed and devastating finishing. I watched Torres tonight and since his Chelsea move with interest and he does his 1st one or two moves correctly then makes the wrong decision time and again. Liverpool did great business with Torres and Suarez, they let there selves down with Kenny Dalglish's panic buy of Andy Carroll, who i do still believe will become a very competant player for club and country.

Also, on a side note, theres only one player on par with him ive seen down the City ground. Samuel Eto'o.

Eamonn O'Keefe, Brentford, 1985. Theres two.

I'm not sure I buy into Cantona as world class. Undoubtedly he was very good but he played in a time when there wasn't much competition for him in the Prem.

Vidic and Ashley Cole (despite the fact that he's a cock) deserve a mention as world class, but no doubt they'll be overlooked as its harder for defenders.

Who givesa shyte? This is a site for city fans talking about city related subjects, Suarez is not a City related subject I don't give a flying fekk about Suarez. Put him in the bin where he belongs.

This forum is called football chat. Any football discussion is welcome alongside 95% of threads that will be City related (give or take 40 odd Cardiff threads the last month)

Really? Please explain why not? For me he has been one of the greatest players imported into this country ever. I struggle to think of another simular type of player. Im no Man Ure fan but watching him play was something special, Its partly down to him that Man Ure are the club they are today.

When talking about world class players I would think of 11 players to fill a team. Suarez wouldnt even make the bench.

Agreed he was a good player but I just wouldn't put him in the world class category of players. Messi is a world class player, Henry at the time was a world class player. Cantona for me, wasn't in the same league!

Agreed he was a good player but I just wouldn't put him in the world class category of players. Messi is a world class player, Henry at the time was a world class player. Cantona for me, wasn't in the same league!

Actually agree with this, I would not ever have called Cantona world class. He was a very good footballer but is put on an exalted level because he was the catalyst for the success Man Utd have had in last 20 years. While this is undeniable for me he was just the right player at the right time for that club, at a time when he was one of a handful of foreign imports, which made him stand out from the crowd. If you ask me was he the best foreign player around at that time....then he was nowhere near the best, but the Premier League was still in its infancy when he joined and not as big an attraction for the worlds best players.

Cantona was also a misfit wherever he went and certainly not revered in his own country, England and eventually Man Utd gave him a sanctuary from this

However World Class is a step above, Zidane/Figo/Baggio/Henry/Messi/Ronaldo/Ronaldinho/Raul/Owen/Romario/Iniesta/Bergkamp are all forwards who you would argue are true World Class and who have all done it at some certain degree in major finals

Messi, Zidane, Cantona.

Torres? Until his injury he was probably the deadliest striker I've seen in the top flight since Owen in his prime. Destroyed Vidic and Man U with regularity. His injury has deprived him of hist lethal burst of of pace and he's lost confidence as a result. If you watch Torres in a game his movement is excellent and he creates so many chances for teammates, but without his lethal pace and confidence in front of goal he is not the goalscorer Chelsea hoped they were buying.

Suarez is up there in premier league goals DESPITE being surrounded by too many average players at Anfield and he's alongside Van Persie who is not surrounded by averrage players. Do you honestly think Suarez would be less sucessful if he were at Man U or Chelsea?

P.S. I'm not a Liverpool fan but like to think I know a half decent footballer when I see one.

Messi, Zidane, Cantona.

This is probably one of the most ill-thought out and illogical posts I've ever seen.

Cantona was a very good player in the Premiership (When it had very few top over seas players)

Did nothing for them in Europe

Did even less for France

Archived