IGNORED

Barnsley Fan In Peace..

#TeamsLikeBarnsley

Huge game at the weekend for both of us, just thought I'd sign up here and gauge your mood ahead of it.

Ok, the league table doesn't lie, but certainly at home SOD seems to have found a winning formula, and after doing a bit of research into this particular fixture I've found that you are our bogey side so far as away games go - can't recall the exact figures, but we win at your place about as often as a tramp changes their underpants.

We've just lost another key player for the season in LWB Scott Golbourne, but recruited Man Utd youngster Ryan Tunnicliffe on loan.

Flitcroft's impact has been stunning, frankly. He's basically got the same players that couldn't muster a victory under Hill, performing to levels we didn't know they were capable of.

His alteration of our shape has been a factor, and after 12 months of negativity coming out of Hill's mouth it's refreshing listening to a bloke who seems to enjoy being a manager, and reeks of enthusiasm and optimism.

The acid test will come, however. We will lose a few games, perhaps consecutively, and that's when we'll truly learn just how capable he is as a manager.

I thought (after 20 minutes) on Tuesday that the defeat was upon us. But unlike his predecessor, Flitcroft seems able to change things in a positive manner, and we turned the game on it's head and ran out more comfortable winners than the scoreline suggested.

I'll be honest, I know very little about you under SOD. I'm not sure what he's tweaked, or improved. But he was successful up here with Doncaster however that particular project took some time. It's his reputation for needing time that put me off him when he was tipped as a possible candidate to replace Hill. I had faith in the squad of players. It didn't need a overhaul, it just needed a more positive voice urging them on.

So I was pleased when SOD politely rejected the chance to take the Oakwell reins. Although I find his reasons slightly dubious considering he soon pitched up at Ashton Gate. But hey ho. We're all adults and we all have our reasons for our life and it's path.

I think he was harshly treated at Forest, and when indeed he got your job I thought you'd got the right man. I'm slightly baffled as to why Wolves didn't look at him, what with him being a Wolverhampton man and having a decent track record. Baffled me even more when I saw Saunders get their job. And having seen them on Tuesday I can assure you they're a cause so lost that even a Guardiola or Ferguson would struggle to turn them around.

I'm sure you are all aware of Brian Howard's status at Oakwell. Despite him leaving under rather strained circumstances the majority of BFC supporters will always look back favourably upon his time in Barnsley.

I'm not sure at what level he's currently firing, and he did ask our club to take him back prior to him joining you guys, but Flitcroft wasn't convinced about his fitness levels. I think he'd had a groin issue at Pompey but not sure.

Either way, I hope he's involved on Saturday and gets the reception he deserves.

Please feel free to enlighten me on your current form, key players, etc etc etc. I usually do a preview of each game for my BFC blog but I've recently moved house with my better half and so inbetween work and the moving, I've not had the time.

Here's hoping we're both Championship clubs next season and I get to do a preview next year, as we both storm the division.. eh?

Thanks for reading.

Andy. :)

hi-outplayed at both Cardiff and Palace-couldent keep possesion of the ball so hoofing it long.toothless and out of both games at 1-0 down..at home,last three games all won,a very different proposition.more attacking ste-up/intent-two good full backs both forward looking when possible,counter attacking with intent when opposition in possesion.we shall,we hope have a couple of players available for selection saturday post injury,so make of that what you will,Andy!..i fell a hard faught encounter,score draw on the cards..good luck-so long as its not at our expense!!...

Huge game at the weekend for both of us, just thought I'd sign up here and gauge your mood ahead of it.

Ok, the league table doesn't lie, but certainly at home SOD seems to have found a winning formula, and after doing a bit of research into this particular fixture I've found that you are our bogey side so far as away games go - can't recall the exact figures, but we win at your place about as often as a tramp changes their underpants.

We've just lost another key player for the season in LWB Scott Golbourne, but recruited Man Utd youngster Ryan Tunnicliffe on loan.

Flitcroft's impact has been stunning, frankly. He's basically got the same players that couldn't muster a victory under Hill, performing to levels we didn't know they were capable of.

His alteration of our shape has been a factor, and after 12 months of negativity coming out of Hill's mouth it's refreshing listening to a bloke who seems to enjoy being a manager, and reeks of enthusiasm and optimism.

The acid test will come, however. We will lose a few games, perhaps consecutively, and that's when we'll truly learn just how capable he is as a manager.

I thought (after 20 minutes) on Tuesday that the defeat was upon us. But unlike his predecessor, Flitcroft seems able to change things in a positive manner, and we turned the game on it's head and ran out more comfortable winners than the scoreline suggested.

I'll be honest, I know very little about you under SOD. I'm not sure what he's tweaked, or improved. But he was successful up here with Doncaster however that particular project took some time. It's his reputation for needing time that put me off him when he was tipped as a possible candidate to replace Hill. I had faith in the squad of players. It didn't need a overhaul, it just needed a more positive voice urging them on.

So I was pleased when SOD politely rejected the chance to take the Oakwell reins. Although I find his reasons slightly dubious considering he soon pitched up at Ashton Gate. But hey ho. We're all adults and we all have our reasons for our life and it's path.

I think he was harshly treated at Forest, and when indeed he got your job I thought you'd got the right man. I'm slightly baffled as to why Wolves didn't look at him, what with him being a Wolverhampton man and having a decent track record. Baffled me even more when I saw Saunders get their job. And having seen them on Tuesday I can assure you they're a cause so lost that even a Guardiola or Ferguson would struggle to turn them around.

I'm sure you are all aware of Brian Howard's status at Oakwell. Despite him leaving under rather strained circumstances the majority of BFC supporters will always look back favourably upon his time in Barnsley.

I'm not sure at what level he's currently firing, and he did ask our club to take him back prior to him joining you guys, but Flitcroft wasn't convinced about his fitness levels. I think he'd had a groin issue at Pompey but not sure.

Either way, I hope he's involved on Saturday and gets the reception he deserves.

Please feel free to enlighten me on your current form, key players, etc etc etc. I usually do a preview of each game for my BFC blog but I've recently moved house with my better half and so inbetween work and the moving, I've not had the time.

Here's hoping we're both Championship clubs next season and I get to do a preview next year, as we both storm the division.. eh?

Thanks for reading.

It is amazing that with your great run you are still very much in trouble.

Thanks for reading.

Howdy Andy,

Will you lot be in portishead again tomorrow? always enjoy a drink with you boys when you're down

Howdy Andy,

Will you lot be in portishead again tomorrow? always enjoy a drink with you boys when you're down

I think there will be a decent turnout tomorrow from our lot, but seen as there's a live stream online I expect that to put a few off.

Personally, I'm at Hillsborough tomorrow. My better half's son plays for Palace so complimentary tickets and a chance to see Wednesday defeated was too good a (free) opportunity to turn down.

You know how it is with women, I'm sure?

If me going along to Sheffield tomorrow gets me a weekend in Manchester soon for an FA Cup tie then all is well that ends well. :)

It is amazing that with your great run you are still very much in trouble.

Its a good point and sort of highlights how much work we have to do.

I think it confirms that without the good run we'd be relegated already. It's just unfortunate that the likes of Ipswich, Wednesday and Peterborough have all upped their own performance levels too.

I think there will be a decent turnout tomorrow from our lot, but seen as there's a live stream online I expect that to put a few off.

Personally, I'm at Hillsborough tomorrow. My better half's son plays for Palace so complimentary tickets and a chance to see Wednesday defeated was too good a (free) opportunity to turn down.

If me going along to Sheffield tomorrow gets me a weekend in Manchester soon for an FA Cup tie then all is well that ends well. :)

I know you lot normally bring a coach load and have a drink in portishead before heading into town, the lads were on that awaydays programme on sky a few years back

The game is on Swedish television. Looking forward and I think we will win. Always believe.

My hope is that Barnsley, both fans and players, start to get distracted by the upcoming FA Cup game against Man City. Already it seems to be the main topic of what alot of their fans are talking about - can I get tickets for Man City etc. Hopefully they lose focus on the league for a bit, starting on Saturday.

Barnsley are on a cracking run in the league but if you look who they have beaten you can maybe see why. Wins against Mid'boro, B'pool, Wolves and Millwall (twice) who are the bottom 4 teams on current form having won just 6 games between them out of the last 40 ! Just hope they come here thinking they have turned the corner and just have to turn up to win (ala Watford) and that we can keep up our home record against them having won 8 and drawn 3 of the last 11 games ! Should be a cracking match. May the best team win (as long as they are playing in red). Bring it on !!!!!!

then you never seen us at Cardiff and Palace-these two matches will not have done a great deal for already fragile confidence.im aware these games were away but very poor overall..

These games were set up not to lose this must be different. We need 2 goalscoring forwards for a start, are they available though or even here.All had better know the effort required today or its hello 1st division.

These games were set up not to lose this must be different. We need 2 goalscoring forwards for a start, are they available though or even here.All had better know the effort required today or its hello 1st division.

agree with that-we will be set up differently today..just hoping the players dont have a hangover from being given the run around.

Your other half's son wouldn't by any chance be an ex-Barnsley player would he? Actually Palace could do us both a favour today!

Archived