IGNORED

Krans And Dobie

Lew-T

My thoughts are that we should bring up the likes of krans and morrell to the first team fringes. Yes they are young but given that top clubs see something in them, if they were around the first team, after a year they could be similar level to where Walcott or I ladle chamberlain were and command a huge transfer fee. Lets be honest, we are a selling club and if we could get huge fees for them, it would be massive for the club. However, I would like our club to build a team around this promising youth as they could provide the backbone for a quality team in the future. Either way it all looks positive for the future no matter what league were in

My thoughts are that we should bring up the likes of krans and morrell to the first team fringes. Yes they are young but given that top clubs see something in them, if they were around the first team, after a year they could be similar level to where Walcott or I ladle chamberlain were and command a huge transfer fee. Lets be honest, we are a selling club and if we could get huge fees for them, it would be massive for the club. However, I would like our club to build a team around this promising youth as they could provide the backbone for a quality team in the future. Either way it all looks positive for the future no matter what league were in

Krans warmed up with the first team last Saturday v Forest

Well first of all you need to let them know every time there is a change ie staff leaving/joining, transfers in and out and new contracts - that doesn't take long just a quick email for every change. Then twice a season around each transfer window you'll have to review all of the data - and there is loads of it, you'll need to do this around 3 times per transfer window - takes about 4-5 hours a time. You wouldn't believe how much there is. My problem has been that your expected to follow and go to the u18 and u21 matches (not every single one but a few) and I've just not been able to so felt that I should let someone who actually had the time to go make a more informed decision on our youngsters stats

Dobie is a tall (6ft?) 20 year old central midfielder, who was let go by Boro' this season, I think. He also had a spell out on loan in League Two last season with Accrington Stanley.

Despite apparently describing himself as a box to box player according to today's paper, he looked more of a sitting central midfielder when I saw him play.

He looked similar in style to me to a Michael Carrick type, though clearly he has some way to go to (ever?) reach that sort of level.

On the evidence I saw he certainly was a decent user of the ball and also put a foot in, though the reality is that U21 football is a world away from Championship level.

good news on the Krans front it gives us all the power when other clubs come sniffing, its nice to have a bit of loyalty from a player too,

Says good things about the set up McInnes brought with him on the youth front,

Heard dobie a couple of times in the youth reports but can't say I know alot about him,

My thoughts are that we should bring up the likes of krans and morrell to the first team fringes.

Morrell isn't even close! Just because he was mentioned by Liverpool doesn't mean he's ready. He's too young. Krans is on the fringes too.

Morrell isn't even close! Just because he was mentioned by Liverpool doesn't mean he's ready. He's too young. Krans is on the fringes too.

I wouldn't be suprised if he and Dobie aren't on the bench before the end of the season both have impressed,

Morrel is no where near being considered for the first team, You need to be wayne rooney level talent to even get close at that age

They may not appear to be ready given their age but what I am suggesting is give them a chance. Southampton gave Walcott etc a run out despite their young age and got crazy money for them. It could happen in our case and besides, there's never any harm for the players to be given a run out. The only harm it could bring currently is out league status which makes it understandable why we don't play them. If we go down, they have to be in the squad at least though. League one would be a great starting base for them

Dobie is a tall (6ft?) 20 year old central midfielder, who was let go by Boro' this season, I think. He also had a spell out on loan in League Two last season with Accrington Stanley.

Despite apparently describing himself as a box to box player according to today's paper, he looked more of a sitting central midfielder when I saw him play.

He looked similar in style to me to a Michael Carrick type, though clearly he has some way to go to (ever?) reach that sort of level.

On the evidence I saw he certainly was a decent user of the ball and also put a foot in, though the reality is that U21 football is a world away from Championship level.

Thanks. Sounds quite exciting that we seem to have a range of decent young midfielders coming through. Just hope they don't go the way of Frankie Artus.

I find with our club I always find myself excited about the youngsters coming through, and really look forward to see them pushing into the first team.

However in reality very few get into the team, and those that do often disappoint and are sold on.

Here's to hoping things change and we get some real gems coming through.

Archived