IGNORED

Ticket Prices - The Run In...

Cider Queen

Ok, first of all I'm a season ticket holder so the match day prices don't really bother me.

But does anyone else think the club should be doing more to ensure as many people as possible are packing into the gate?

We all know the impact that the couple of sell outs had last year and I'd like to see the club doing something like that again.

I know they've reduced the cost leading into this match but I've just read on the OS that these deals finish at midnight tonight.. I don't understand why they can't be available for POTD walk ups. Not everyone is organised & know what they're doing til the day of the match.

I sense a general feeling of Malaise around the club at the moment, I'm not seeing or hearing any Braveheart type calls to back the team for survival it seems we're all resigned to see where it takes us.

Anyone else feeling like me?

Ok, first of all I'm a season ticket holder so the match day prices don't really bother me.

But does anyone else think the club should be doing more to ensure as many people as possible are packing into the gate?

We all know the impact that the couple of sell outs had last year and I'd like to see the club doing something like that again.

I know they've reduced the cost leading into this match but I've just read on the OS that these deals finish at midnight tonight.. I don't understand why they can't be available for POTD walk ups. Not everyone is organised & know what they're doing til the day of the match.

I sense a general feeling of Malaise around the club at the moment, I'm not seeing or hearing any Braveheart type calls to back the team for survival it seems we're all resigned to see where it takes us.

Anyone else feeling like me?

I am a Season Ticket holder and I also agree completely with you. The most important thing is that we stay in the Championship and the club should do anything that will help the cause. If it means bigger crowds and better support for the rest of the season it can only be a good thing.

If someone paying on the day for every home game pays than me over the season then so be it.

I have a ST and agree, what do the club gain by ending the deal at midnight?

Just to follow up, a guy I work with has just said about the match tomorrow asked about prices for Dolman. I told him 17 quid before midnight or 28 quid tomorrow. He won't know until thr morning whether his mate can come.

Now not sure if he'll bother at that price!

Just to follow up, a guy I work with has just said about the match tomorrow asked about prices for Dolman. I told him 17 quid before midnight or 28 quid tomorrow. He won't know until thr morning whether his mate can come.

Now not sure if he'll bother at that price!

Had a "Pack the Gate" email in the week offering tickets at £14, £3 for U16

The club should be doing all they can to pack the Gate for the remainder of the season.

You only have to look north of the river and see what a difference £10 adult/quid-a-kid tickets have done for attendances in the last three games.

It's a no brainer, IMO.

The club have to make sure that overall ST holder's are getting savings on POTD so if they put them down to £10 for 7/8 games then it wouldn't be fair on ST holder's. Personally though i would rather they were reduced at least for the more important games.

City will never 'pack the gate' at phase 1 rates.

Offer tenner adults, fiver students/OAP, quid a kid, then they'll get some decent numbers. [surely they can offer minimal rates for the odd 1 or 2 games]

£14 adult ticket for the family stand is not appealing for the fans who want to stand, sing, cheer, shout the odd swear. :laugh:

As much as I love the EE, £18 to stand and watch City for 90 minutes is way out of my budget!

Being a full time student, with living & rent costs etc, I doubt i'll be going to watch City anytime soon.

Although some upcoming away games are offering under 21/student rates - Win Win!

I predict a mere 14k topps on saturday!

If the club is seeking to attract back the part-time supporters, then offering cut-price advance tickets is totally pointless.

These are the kind of people who will decide on the morning of the game, and they are not the kind of fanatics that will be happy to pay absurd prices for admission.

If the club is seeking to attract back the part-time supporters, then offering cut-price advance tickets is totally pointless.

These are the kind of people who will decide on the morning of the game, and they are not the kind of fanatics that will be happy to pay absurd prices for admission.

...& skint buggahs like me who are busy saving up to pay a soddin 'bedroom tax' (hmm, & I thought revenue like that was only payable to better half's, bloody Cameron wont be getting any X's from me thats a cert!).

Anyway we need to spare a thought for people like you too Aizoon who have little mouths to feed, thats not easy in these times... how is old Horace coping with the cold spell btw ?

So empty seats prevail, shame when each of 'em could be earning a few quid, boosting atmosphere while helping to lift the players performances too.. (that should be 'priceless' when we need everypoint we can get tight now!)

Perhaps a good idea would be for Season Ticket holders (to keep them happy re: fairness etc) to be offered one free match ticket per ST holder (to give to a mate) - say 1000- 1500 freebies per game, available first come first served basis, priority given to people who have not previously had a freebie allocation. Free seat locations as they come (ie: might not be able to sit wth or near ST friend) ... Would help with atmos, boost sales of other stuff too, & could be introducing new fans (or even future ST holders to the club) ... The otherwise empty seats cost no more to have occupied than leaving them bumless.

If ever a game should of been £10 for all it was the Barnsley game!! We need a full house tomorrow! Is not gonna happen now! The next one is the sheff weds one!

of course-the club have missed a trick here on the grounds of being bloody mean and saving the cheaper seat for later home games-operative word really could be late.too late!

Think Dave L said the club lost money on the reduced prices matches last season.

I don't know how much they lost but need to look at bigger picture, bigger crowds better atmosphere leading to more chance of victories and a greater chance of keeping Championship status.

Think Dave L said the club lost money on the reduced prices matches last season.

I don't know how much they lost but need to look at bigger picture, bigger crowds better atmosphere leading to more chance of victories and a greater chance of keeping Championship status.

but what would have cost more relegation or a few cut cost games?

Archived