IGNORED

The Day The Bluebirds Died

Ison

They love it, these cardiff dragons, they couldn't give two hoots about their blue identity. Thing we have to remember is that they are not English. They don't believe in things like self-respect and Pride.

They just want to be on match of the day.

Im sorry mate but i have to pull you for this... What the **** is being English got to do with having self respect?

I think you need to get out more. My Grandparents were Welsh and prouder people you could never meet. My Granddad moved to Bristol during the war were he built Merlin engines that went into the spitfires that helped win (along witrh the Hurricanes) the battle of Britain. So dont go giving this "they are not English" so have no self respect bollox.

While there was some desire from fans to protest, the Keep Cardiff Blue group which formed was met with strong opposition and was threatened into submission before any kind of protest could take place. A protest meeting at a local social club was invaded by a group of former hooligans who made dire threats against anybody who protested, including the immortal line “If you bring a blue banner to a game, I’ll bury you.

Appears protest was quashed by the Soul Crew?

Im sorry mate but i have to pull you for this... What the **** is being English got to do with having self respect?

I think you need to get out more. My Grandparents were Welsh and prouder people you could never meet. My Granddad moved to Bristol during the war were he built Merlin engines that went into the spitfires that helped win (along witrh the Hurricanes) the battle of Britain. So dont go giving this "they are not English" so have no self respect bollox.

Well said. One thing is for sure the welsh are a fiercely proud nation , which makes the whole Malaysian bumming thing all the more confusing

I thought this thread was the start of a sing song......

the day, the bluebirds died........,

so bye, bye the Malaysian dragons,

Sold your memories to the devil but he'll suck you all dry,

And them soul crew boys must wanting to cry,

Singin this will be the day that you die, this'll be the day that you die

Yeah so proud they can't even speak their own language.

Without getting into a historical battle.... i think that has as mush to do with the English forcing our culture onto them as them not wanting to speak it. My nan was fluent in Welsh though she was from west Wales where it was common. My great grandfather didnt speak a word of English.

Not that you give a shit as you are a racist ****.

Well said. One thing is for sure the welsh are a fiercely proud nation , which makes the whole Malaysian bumming thing all the more confusing

One of the first things i noticed when i moved to Wales (if you can call Newport Wales) is how patriotic they are. Now i am and always have been a extremely patriotic Englishman (being born and brought up in Bristol), however the attitude of the Welsh to their country is on a different level to the attitude of us towards ours. I dont know why that is but it true.

I see Welsh flags everywhere over here but in England (where i spend most of my working week) i never see the cross of St George. Its a shame really as i love my flag.

Edit

However i have to say that Cardiff are the biggest sale outs in football and its shocking what they have let happen to their club

A reason why they appear to be so proud is because they adhere to the small nation syndrome and the English are against them. A great example of this was when I was at work having a chat with a fellow collegue (who is Welsh) about rugby. I asked have Wales ever won the World Cup and when was the last time they beat the All blacks? His reply straight away was England were lucky in both accounts and he didnt give us any credit whatsoever. Straight away he said 'well you haven't beaten us in 5 years' (which he was wrong and I had to correct him) and all that matters and all he cares about is Wales beating England. It's like the little brother worried sick about the older brother being better than him all the time.

I don't mind the Welsh and I don't give to hoots about them really but in my experience with them they have a rather large insecurity complex with the English and to be honest it's quite amusing.

The Taffs are an interesting condiment at the dinner table of Briitsh life. A bit like paprika, or nutmeg. They spice things up a bit but you wouldn't really miss them much if they weren't there.

I can't believe I write this crap.

I can't believe I read it :noexp:

A reason why they appear to be so proud is because they adhere to the small nation syndrome and the English are against them. A great example of this was when I was at work having a chat with a fellow collegue (who is Welsh) about rugby. I asked have Wales ever won the World Cup and when was the last time they beat the All blacks? His reply straight away was England were lucky in both accounts and he didnt give us any credit whatsoever. Straight away he said 'well you haven't beaten us in 5 years' (which he was wrong and I had to correct him) and all that matters and all he cares about is Wales beating England. It's like the little brother worried sick about the older brother being better than him all the time.

I don't mind the Welsh and I don't give to hoots about them really but in my experience with them they have a rather large insecurity complex with the English and to be honest it's quite amusing.

Ditto Scotland

Without getting into a historical battle.... i think that has as mush to do with the English forcing our culture onto them as them not wanting to speak it.

Not that you give a shit as you are a racist ****.

Oh dear not the racism card boyo. And you're quite right about the language, I don't give a shit, neither do your fellow taffs by the looks of it.

Archived