IGNORED

City V Barnsley Matchday Thread

WhistleHappy

We only looked dodgy in midfield when all the subs were made, Only Marv left on of the starting 4. We then gave them loads of room like we did when Del was at the helm. You'll note the time of Barnsleys 2 & 3rd goals.

Noted, but it was coming for most of the half, the midfield and the defensive performance was a game of 2 halves IMO.

Not sure if its been mentioned else where but I felt Heaton had a cracking game and if it wasn't for a couple of brilliant saves in the first half it could have been a different story.

Heaton did, could easily have been 2-2 at half time. And to be fair I thought they had more gilt edged chances in the first half than us. We rode our luck in both first and second half

Never thought I would see the day when Marvin Elliott was our deep laying playmaker. :o

Had a reasonably good game although he gave the ball away a couple of times and was slow at times to make decisions.

BCAGFC

I thought he and kelly played quite well, did the dirty things quite well, when they won it they didn't hoof it, just played it simple.

Didn't he get 2 assists from headers as well?

It's a funny one with a keeper. If he'd let in most of those of those shots today then he'd have been at fault. Schmeichal always says that you need to play in goal before you can properly realise if a keeper has had a good game or not. Alternatively there are often times when keepers get the blame and it isn't their fault,. Namely when free kicks are swung in, miss everyone and bounce in. Keepers often harshly criticised in those circumstances.

It's a funny one with a keeper. If he'd let in most of those of those shots today then he'd have been at fault. Schmeichal always says that you need to play in goal before you can properly realise if a keeper has had a good game or not. Alternatively there are often times when keepers get the blame and it isn't their fault,. Namely when free kicks are swung in, miss everyone and bounce in. Keepers often harshly criticised in those circumstances.

I think the Tunnicliffe shot in the first half was the best, through a crowd of player dipped and moved, it looked to be very close to him, on reflection a very good save. if he had let 1 or 2 in in the first half, how different that game could have been, the point blank save from the header was pretty damn good as well.

Archived