IGNORED

The Unlikely Hero

Glyn Rileys Mullet

Despite the criticism on here of him, I think that Pearson deserves a lot of credit for his set piece deliveries. He is never going to be a flash Harry and there are limitations to his game, no doubt. However, with the majority of our goals coming from set pieces (or the opposition) I don't think you can underestimate his qualities in the current match day squad.

Pearson was excellent yesterday. The sort of player we'd hoped he'd be.

The trouble with him has been his match ratio of good/bad has been about 1/4 and when he's off form we might as well play 10 men.

Hopefully under S O'D we'll see more positive Pearson performances .

Despite the criticism on here of him, I think that Pearson deserves a lot of credit for his set piece deliveries. He is never going to be a flash Harry and there are limitations to his game, no doubt. However, with the majority of our goals coming from set pieces (or the opposition) I don't think you can underestimate his qualities in the current match day squad.

I mentioned this in another thread. They were excellent yesterday. We really look a threat from set plays something which we haven't done for a long time.

Yep, I said this to my dad yesterday - whilst they were all well take headers and some of the defending was shamolic, his deliveries were excellent. That just must be three assists to his name at least yesterday? What's more is every time he beat the first defender and put it right in the mix - something lacking for a while! His corner link up play with Anderson was also very clever.

Definetely missed him when swapped with Kilkenny has had some shocking matches but shone yesterday SOD had really targeted this match and got his tactics spot on until too many subs ...

Interesting thoughts listening to SOD on the radio afterwards never heard the term a maverick in mid-field before...

Still 5-3 can't be a scoreline that anyone saw coming .

Archived