IGNORED

Scott Golbourne - Whats The Story

Kingswood Robin

He was injured.

I dont think we gave him a choice about the Reading move...

Unlike Anyinsah who went to Preston at the drop of a hat....hows that working out for you Joe. Chuckle

I've commented on the departure of Joe Anyinsah a couple of times on this forum, as i was aware what happened at the time through his family, but there still seems to be a perception that he 'did the dirty' in some way.

Have i missed something?

Scott has had an op so will be out for a while, still loves City through and through as do most of his family.

Over 200 career games so far, including playing in the Prem for Reading, and over 40 games in the Championship for Barnsley, so he ain't done bad has he?

Offered a move that was too good to turn down at the time.

Sid

• Admin

I've commented on the departure of Joe Anyinsah a couple of times on this forum, as i was aware what happened at the time through his family, but there still seems to be a perception that he 'did the dirty' in some way.

Have i missed something?

So you have the families point of view - what was the clubs take on it?

To save us having to trawl through old postings, what do you know?

Scott Golbourne was forced out of the club by the then manager (GJ?), Scott didn't want to move but he was told in no uncertain terms that his 1st team chances would be minimal and it would be best that he moved on as it was a good deal for the club.

Scotts dad/relative read out a letter from Scott in the Supporters Club explaining everything.

BCAGFC

So you have the families point of view - what was the clubs take on it?

To save us having to trawl through old postings, what do you know?

It's a fair point re the clubs point of view, but i doubt opinion in here is based on either sometimes.

Just that Tinman didn't want to see him when a new contract was offered and just basically told his agent 'it is what it is' and acted like a bit of a dick. Preston also offered a contract and the then Manager (name escapes me now) rang Joe a lot and basically sold not only the club, but more importantly how he felt he could help Joe become a better player and let him know that Preston wanted him.

History tells us how it all panned out in the end, but this theme that Joe somehow did the dirty on us is a bit silly. He had a choice between 2 clubs, City weren't bothered about him and he made a decision.

we got a good deal on both players, Scott wasn't going to get a game for us and reading was a very good move so you can see it from the clubs point of view,

as for joe never heard a thing about that but it didn;t suprise me and again the club got a good deal

Archived