IGNORED

Championship Totw

nedbcfc

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/8523530/Championship-TOTW

Pearson and Stead both feature, good on 'em. Also a place for Wooly who scored what I think was his first goal for Millwall on the weekend? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Stephen Pearson - Bristol City

Bristol City are giving themselves every chance of steering a course to safety, with four victories secured in their last seven fixtures. They remain inside the drop zone for now, but will be looking to build on a convincing 5-3 victory over fellow strugglers Barnsley.spacer.gif Pearson may not have been among the goals at Ashton Gate on Saturday, but his delivery from set-pieces caused the Tykes all sorts of problems.

Jon Stead - Bristol City

Bristol City's weekend heroics have already been discussed, with the Robins crushing Barnsley 5-3 to offer their survival bid another shot in the arm. Steadspacer.gif has been among those to struggle for form and consistency this season, but he enjoyed his afternoon against the Tykes. The languid frontman netted a deadly double, one with his feet and one with his head, as Sean O'Driscoll's side hit five for the first time in 2012/13.

and for anyone interested...

Martyn Woolford - Millwall

Having suffered five straight defeats in the league, Millwall made a welcome return to winning ways over the weekend. They did so on the road at Middlesbrough, with a meeting between two sides struggling for form ending 2-1 to the visitors. Woolford grabbed what proved to be the winner for the Lions five minutes before half-time. His effort at the Riverside was just his second of the campaign, and he will be looking to weigh in with a few more goals before the season is out.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/8523530/Championship-TOTW

Pearson and Stead both feature, good on 'em. Also a place for Wooly who scored what I think was his first goal for Millwall on the weekend? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Stephen Pearson - Bristol City

Bristol City are giving themselves every chance of steering a course to safety, with four victories secured in their last seven fixtures. They remain inside the drop zone for now, but will be looking to build on a convincing 5-3 victory over fellow strugglers Barnsley.spacer.gif Pearson may not have been among the goals at Ashton Gate on Saturday, but his delivery from set-pieces caused the Tykes all sorts of problems.

Jon Stead - Bristol City

Bristol City's weekend heroics have already been discussed, with the Robins crushing Barnsley 5-3 to offer their survival bid another shot in the arm. Steadspacer.gifhas been among those to struggle for form and consistency this season, but he enjoyed his afternoon against the Tykes. The languid frontman netted a deadly double, one with his feet and one with his head, as Sean O'Driscoll's side hit five for the first time in 2012/13.

and for anyone interested...

Interesting description of Stead as a 'languid' frontman who has struggled for form and consistency this season.

'Languid', 'having or showing a disinclination for physical exertion.'

Certainly not the case on Saturday or against Forest when his battling effort was there for all to see, but can often seem the case when he is less fired up, hence the reason why he can be a vital player for the rest of the season, but also why a new contract - certainly on his terms - should be out of the question.

Well done to both him and Pearson for well deserved recognition for Saturday's performances.

Archived