IGNORED

Had A Chat With Gary Johnson Sunday Morning.........

mookey

The promotion season was worth watching but even the play-off season and following seasons under Johnson were as dull as ditch water. City's goal difference shows that. Too many hanging on to a 1-0 for many fans liking. He never managed to work out how to play entertaining and attacking football in the Championship. Too afraid of losing.

Totally disagree.

The play-off season was probably the most exciting, enjoyable and fun time I've had watching City since we were in division one in the 70's

Totally disagree.

The play-off season was probably the most exciting, enjoyable and fun time I've had watching City since we were in division one in the 70's

Though RR has a personal vendetta with GJ he is right, The football was pretty boring and was scrappy 1-0 wins. Wasn't Byfield our top goal scorer in that season with 8 goals? Says it all really. We never had a style under GJ. It was tactically set up to play slowly and be patient until a good opportunity came our way. Even when we went 1-0 up it was all about closing up shop until the final whistle.

GJ did indeed give us good years, but at the same time he never gave us quality football or even quality spur of players. And by heck we did go through a lot of players under GJ.

Totally disagree.

I actually agree with Robbered in a way. The play off season wasn't as amazing as some people remember...what was amazing was the team spirit, the togetherness the club and fans showed....and the fact we were so successful.

Entertaining football is a myth....people are entertained by success. That's what brings the punters in....results....winning....it doesn't matter how you do it.

If we played dull football, and bored our way to 1-0 wins and a top 6 Championship finish....no one would complain.

Arsenal....prime example....play some great stuff.....but Wenger is under pressure. Di Matteo last season....some shocking football....yet was successful.....

Though RR has a personal vendetta with GJ he is right, The football was pretty boring and was scrappy 1-0 wins. Wasn't Byfield our top goal scorer in that season with 8 goals? Says it all really. We never had a style under GJ. It was tactically set up to play slowly and be patient until a good opportunity came our way. Even when we went 1-0 up it was all about closing up shop until the final whistle.

GJ did indeed give us good years, but at the same time he never gave us quality football or even quality spur of players. And by heck we did go through a lot of players under GJ.

That's not how I remember it.

You really don't like the Johnson's do you.....

GJ was/is a fantastic manager.

LJ was/is a shite footballer. Proof of the pudding and all that.

GJ gave LJ 200 more games for City than he should have been given.

GJ is a dad. Fair enough, most dads will do their best for their kids. GJ unwittingly sacrificed his career at City through playing his lad above demonstrably better players.

But way I see it, LJ through his dad milked a million quid or more out of Bristol City. Somebody paid for that.

The point is the majority would rather have the success we had under GJ's first few years, than what we had before him and after him.

Before GJ we had the debacle of Tinnion, and the damp squib against Brighton that sums up Danny Wilson's tenure.

Since GJ the quality of football never improved, and the success rate ('wins' which is the yardstick of football) certainly never did!

Under SoD, things are looking a lot brighter. Will he replicate the success we had under GJ. I don't know, but he certainly has started well!

Good luck to GJ and Yeovil, hope we are playing them next year.......in the Championship!

Archived