IGNORED

Help Needed On 1985-86 City Shirt

FredTheRed08

Hi,

Just purchased this old match worn City shirt on ebay.

Anyone know who wore number 9 in season 1985-86 - I think that's the season for this shirt - it was the same year we won the FRT against Bolton.

A mate mentioned the name David Harle as the most likely occupant that season?

Anyone able to clarify?

DSCF0077Large.jpg

imgLoading_30x30.gif$T2eC16N,!)UE9s3wBer3BRNlN-sqH!~~60_35.J

150 notes Walshy. I could have haggled and maybe got it for a bit less but I took the "buy it now" price as was fearful of it getting away in the meantime.

While I have you, I note this shirt has the V shaped Bukta logo with a circle in the middle.

But other shirts from that season with the B.C. 82 logo on them have a swish shaped Bukta logo.

I saw an old team photo from that season and half the team had one Bukta logo and the rest had the other!

In some old pix of the FRT final against Bolton, City players had the swish shaped Bukta logo on their shirts but the following season (86-87) they had the V shaped Bukta logo

I'm just wondering if anyone knows which logo came first?

Here's an example of the swish shaped Bukta logo I'm talking about.

bukta-logo-1.jpg

Fredthered, I have some info for you

From my records it shows that:

Steve Johnson wore the no 9 shirt for first part of the season (8 games)

Glyn Riley (5 games)

David Tong for the middle part of the season (19 games)

a brief spell for Rob Newman (4 games)

David Harle for the last part of the season (8 league games + 4 Frieght Rover games)

Hope this helps

Dave Harle - what a player...ahem...

Glyn liked no 6 for some reason, didn't he? Walshy was always 10, Nevs IIRC was 11

Odd that the strikers didn't want the 'main' striker's number, mind you, neither Glyn nor Nevs were exactly classic no9s, even with one on the other's shoulders they'd only just be taller than Stead is :D

150 notes Walshy. I could have haggled and maybe got it for a bit less but I took the "buy it now" price as was fearful of it getting away in the meantime.

While I have you, I note this shirt has the V shaped Bukta logo with a circle in the middle.

But other shirts from that season with the B.C. 82 logo on them have a swish shaped Bukta logo.

I saw an old team photo from that season and half the team had one Bukta logo and the rest had the other!

In some old pix of the FRT final against Bolton, City players had the swish shaped Bukta logo on their shirts but the following season (86-87) they had the V shaped Bukta logo

I'm just wondering if anyone knows which logo came first?

Here's an example of the swish shaped Bukta logo I'm talking about.

bukta-logo-1.jpg

£150 is a lot, but as it's match-worn and quite rare I would've probably done the same! :)

Yeah the swish logo came first. They must've changed to the V shapes logo in 1986. As you said that team pic had a mixture of shirts some with the old logo and some with the new.

I think Bukta went bankrupt, but they made a comeback in the mid 2000s and went back to the swish logo. Millwall and Chesterfield had their kits made by them.

About 20 years ago I had a crap job in a crap sports shop.

We had a guy who would come in every month and ask for Bukta shorts, we had Umbro, Adidas and other brands but he would insist on Bukta.

The guy was clearly mentally disabled, but a friendly harmless sort.

We named him 'Bukta Man' and the lads in the shop grew quite fond of him, myself included.

He was killed when he walked in front of a bus by mistake.

I miss you Bukta Man :(

I know it's totally irrelevant but stirred memories.

Archived