IGNORED

Sean Will Save Us

reddogkev

Despite being at the foot of the table, our form since the new gaffer's arrival has been very impressive, and gives me the believe we will avoid the drop.

Nothing is ever guaranteed, especially in a division as competitive as the Championship, but I am now confident that we have enough in our team to stay up. Based on our newly acquired defensive tenacity and resolve, we have finally proved we can keep clean sheets, which is going to give us a great platform to win games and start climbing up the table.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us finish as high as seventeenth, and even embarking on a decent run of undefeated games, for instance, I can see us beating Boro on Saturday, drawing with Wolves, and then beating Derby etc.

One thing is for certain, the end of the season is going to be incredible, with some absolutely massive games to come (Sheff Weds at home for example) and if you look at the league table, you could argue that anything up to thirteen teams are still in the battle to avoid the drop!

So, I'm going to put my head on the chopping block, wink at the executioner, and state that Sod will keep us up, but what about you folks? Are you optimistic we will survive, or do you fear we are still consigned to the drop?

Have a good un, and let's look forward to a win on Saturday!

I wish I had your optimism. However the mountain is too steep and I have a feeling the three clubs currently at the bottom will be relegated come the end of the season.

I wouldn't see it as a mountain to climb, more like a brisk hike up Dundry hill! By the way, great picture of Walter White, always makes me want to watch Breaking Bad.

I wish I had your optimism. However the mountain is too steep and I have a feeling the three clubs currently at the bottom will be relegated come the end of the season.

I'm afraid I share your pessimism. The improvement under O'Driscoll is considerable - I thought last night was one of the best performances I have seen in a long time - but we may have left ourselves too much to do. Teams around us continue to pick up points, and none looks likely to collapse in the near future. I remain concerned that to escape relegation as many as 54 points may be needed, and if we are to do that we need another 18 points from 10 games. Six wins, or five wins and three draws. That's an enormous ask unless we start scoring goals as well as being able to defend well. The point is that we need to start winning the games that we are not expected to win. For me Blackpool was an enormous game - perhaps our most winnable away match - and so I saw it as two points dropped, not a point gained. Only last week people were talking about us winning all our remaining home games - well that's dead in the water already.

Realistically we have to look at winning four of our last five at home and two away (Wolves? Derby? Charlton?). I'm not saying that we can't do it, just that its a big ask.

At least we know that if we do go down, we are likely to make a fight of it next season. Under McInnes I think the feeling was that if we went down we'd struggle in League One.

I have just seen a quote from SoD elsewhere saying "this team has come a long way in a short time". I think this sums it up perfectly. However I think we will run out of games before the job is done,sadly. But I can only feel optimism for next season when he would have been able to spend and bring in his players in the summer.

No way should we be despondent yet and a win against Boro on Saturday, who have a pretty woeful away record and are on poor form, will see the optimism coming back I'm sure.

It's also looking increasingly likely that our away games at Derby, Burnley and Charlton will be at teams who in effect have 'nothing to play for'.

Can see us getting results at all of the above and winning 4 of our remaining 5 at home, if we maintain current performance levels.

We have no new injury concerns and the strength of our bench last night should also give us hope.

It's going to be tight, but we can do it!

I'm afraid I share your pessimism. The improvement under O'Driscoll is considerable - I thought last night was one of the best performances I have seen in a long time - but we may have left ourselves too much to do. Teams around us continue to pick up points, and none looks likely to collapse in the near future. I remain concerned that to escape relegation as many as 54 points may be needed, and if we are to do that we need another 18 points from 10 games. Six wins, or five wins and three draws. That's an enormous ask unless we start scoring goals as well as being able to defend well. The point is that we need to start winning the games that we are not expected to win. For me Blackpool was an enormous game - perhaps our most winnable away match - and so I saw it as two points dropped, not a point gained. Only last week people were talking about us winning all our remaining home games - well that's dead in the water already.

Realistically we have to look at winning four of our last five at home and two away (Wolves? Derby? Charlton?). I'm not saying that we can't do it, just that its a big ask.

At least we know that if we do go down, we are likely to make a fight of it next season. Under McInnes I think the feeling was that if we went down we'd struggle in League One.

Spot on the money

the performances have improved but the fact is we need to score goals and going 2 games without is a bit troubling. the bottom line on it is, good performance or not, last night left us one point further from safety, with one game less to close the gap

Despite being at the foot of the table, our form since the new gaffer's arrival has been very impressive, and gives me the believe we will avoid the drop.

Nothing is ever guaranteed, especially in a division as competitive as the Championship, but I am now confident that we have enough in our team to stay up. Based on our newly acquired defensive tenacity and resolve, we have finally proved we can keep clean sheets, which is going to give us a great platform to win games and start climbing up the table.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us finish as high as seventeenth, and even embarking on a decent run of undefeated games, for instance, I can see us beating Boro on Saturday, drawing with Wolves, and then beating Derby etc.

One thing is for certain, the end of the season is going to be incredible, with some absolutely massive games to come (Sheff Weds at home for example) and if you look at the league table, you could argue that anything up to thirteen teams are still in the battle to avoid the drop!

So, I'm going to put my head on the chopping block, wink at the executioner, and state that Sod will keep us up, but what about you folks? Are you optimistic we will survive, or do you fear we are still consigned to the drop?

Have a good un, and let's look forward to a win on Saturday!

Does no one else on this forum believe that we should not tempt fate? A few weeks ago, someone on here basically said that Huddersfield were down already. Very next match they beat Palace, and since that comment they have won 3 and drawn 2 of their 8 matches.

I think Sean came a minimum of one month too late.

Be a great manager for us though. I think he's a loyal bloke, has his feet firmly on the ground and knows what he's doing. Good times ahead.

I think its going to be a lot of downs, before it starts the ups again.

With SoD you see that he talks sense, and knows what he is doing. He doesnt have manager talk, he actually has "normal" talk.

Does no one else on this forum believe that we should not tempt fate? A few weeks ago, someone on here basically said that Huddersfield were down already. Very next match they beat Palace, and since that comment they have won 3 and drawn 2 of their 8 matches.

Unlike you i don't believe in fate or superstition. I think it will all come down to player application and good managerial sense. And this time next year we will be chasing a CC play-off place.....touch wood!

I think the great escape is on baby!

Let's just get excited and enjoy the ride.

My bi-polar esque come down is booked for June and July, so I should start climbing the high again in August!

I know it's been hard this year and yes the odds are against, but it's not impossible, in fact we have a fighting chance.

Lets us just keep going and what will be, will be.

As many as 10 teams could well be involved in a relegation fight. There are plenty of games left. The bottom four or five have all recently discovered a bit of form; including City. It is still wide open. All I know is that eventually one, two or perhaps three of these 10 teams will crack and start to lose a few in a row. (Sheffield Wed?)We must make sure that we don't crack. SoD seems to be capable of ensuring that that doesn't happen.

SOD's biggest problem is not getting improvement from his team, it's the form and results of the other teams at the bottom.

It is looking more and more likely that we could see teams getting relegated with the highest points totals for years. We've just got 5 points from 3 games, that only a few short weeks ago would have been considered a great result, yet we seem to be making no progress overall. I cannot remember such a run, where week after week almost all other results around us have gone so much against us.

The only saving grace I can see is the games we have against relegation rivals, which are real 6 pointers and which we have to win. Also, many of our relegation rivals have to play each other and both can't win the same game, so if we can keep our form and momentum there is half a chance. A slim chance, but still a chance.

COYR.

And what do you base that on? Peterborough have had some great results recently.

Indeed. Peterborough lost their first 7 games, and later (Nov - mid-Dec) had a spell of 8 games where they lost 7 and drew 1. Outside of these two spells, they've picked up 36 points from 20 games (ie play-off form). Wouldn't it be nice if they hit another bad spell :pray:

I really think we can do it, in theory having to claw back 3 points over 10 games doesn't mean we are down, you can claw back 3 points in one game :D . My main concerns, compared to last year when wins against Forest and Coventry over the Easter weekend were crucial and in reality sealed our fate, is 1) our lack of points being accumulated away, 2) the fact that all the teams in trouble continue to spring surprise wins (not that we can do much about that - it could work in our favour though as more teams get dragged into the fight), and 3) as SOD stated in his post match interview last night mainting the run of good form is the hardest part :mellow: .

the board dragged their collective feet-Del should have gone after the Wolves debacle..good news is we have come on leaps and bounds under SOD and i honestly think if we stick with him and keep faith if we go down,we will be up again in no more than three years..lets hope he sticks with/keeps faith with BCFC!...

Right now, the five teams just outside the relegation zone are 3,4,6,7 & 7 points ahead of us. A month ago, the same stat read 5,6,7,7,8, even though we were a position higher. I still think that the gap is closing...and will close enough for us to stay up

Archived