IGNORED

Dont Hate Us Join Us City Drummers

notterzx10

Original:

I knw we wasnt in tune at tyms and there was pointless banging at tyms bt it was r 1st tym doing it and we was getting to knw when to drum n wen nt so we knw for the boro game n wolves away to improve it and get everyone singing so plz dnt hate us join us at the bk and get ashton gate rocking and b behind r boys come on city

Mod Edit:

I know we were not in tune at times and there was also pointless banging at times but it was our first time doing it and we were getting to know when to drum and when not to. We now know for the Boro game and Wolves away to improve it and get everyone singing so please don't hate us, join us at the back and get Ashton Gate rocking and get behind our boys. Come on City!

I knw we wasnt in tune at tyms and there was pointless banging at tyms bt it was r 1st tym doing it and we was getting to knw when to drum n wen nt so we knw for the boro game n wolves away to improve it and get everyone singing so plz dnt hate us join us at the bk and get ashton gate rocking and b behind r boys come on city

i'm all for bringing atmosphere back to matches, but anyone who takes a musical instrument to the football deserves having it shoved up their 'arris. there's nothing more ridiculous than a contrived atmosphere. Next we'll be bringing on a singing section. Sorry to piss on your chips, I just don't get it one bit.

Original:

post-21753-0-09432200-1362612201.jpeg

i'm all for bringing atmosphere back to matches, but anyone who takes a musical instrument to the football deserves having it shoved up their 'arris. there's nothing more ridiculous than a contrived atmosphere. Next we'll be bringing on a singing section. Sorry to piss on your chips, I just don't get it one bit.

we dont agree on much but red or blue... im with you on this ........... musical instruments at football can do 1 as can tannoy goal music and those horrific half n half scarves! #againstmodernfootball

Well done lads. The entire EE sang together and it worked well. All the haters on here putting drums in the same category as goal music. Pish! A drum is a way of getting large groups to sing together, in time. Got them at Celtic park for example (love em or hate em, celtic park is arguably the best british ground on old firm/cl night).

With time you'll improve, though if you see the bloke with the whistle, tell him to piss off. Drums keep a beat, no trumpets or any sh*t like that

Edit: OP, please use some proper words. The odd abbreviation here and there is fine but there is a reason there is a mod edit.

trumpets!? bloody hell, don't give these lads any ideas...

Well done lads. The entire EE sang together and it worked well. All the haters on here putting drums in the same category as goal music. Pish! A drum is a way of getting large groups to sing together, in time. Got them at Celtic park for example (love em or hate em, celtic park is arguably the best british ground on old firm/cl night).

With time you'll improve, though if you see the bloke with the whistle, tell him to piss off. Drums keep a beat, no trumpets or any sh*t like that

Edit: OP, please use some proper words. The odd abbreviation here and there is fine but there is a reason there is a mod edit.

yes init the drums what we need all the haters can go to the williams stand and b quiet there or just join us and get behind ur team glad majority city fans agree

yes init the drums what we need all the haters can go to the williams stand and b quiet there or just join us and get behind ur team glad majority city fans agree

your argument isn't persuading me, even more seeing that you sound like you still write in crayon. init.

drums r for loudness to help raise the atmosphere thats the whole point ov it if u dnt wanna get behind us and help ur team thats fine if you do brilliant jus raise the atmosphere to get behind r boys to win n stay up cum on city

For most of the season we have played a load of w...k, but eugh, it's a definate no from me I'm afraid. I'm out

drums r for loudness to help raise the atmosphere thats the whole point ov it if u dnt wanna get behind us and help ur team thats fine if you do brilliant jus raise the atmosphere to get behind r boys to win n stay up cum on city

I say, well done. You two walked the extra mile and actually tried to lift the atmosphere - as opposed to loads on here talking about how it could be done, but then doing nothing themselves.

Well played!

Not really bothered if we have a drum or not. Some people will hate it, some will love it. If anything it did bridge the gap a little and helped everyone to stay in time. Could hear it from outside before the game was relived it wasn't a Brighton drum, shouldn't allow away fans to bring one in.

Quick tip, try only drumming when there's a clap, to keep that beat. Hitting the drum when there isn't a constant beat just gets annoying and isn't needed. Don't over use it, keep it simple

thanks n yea we know 4 the boro game now

Tis one of those NIMBY questions imo. If in tune-ish it sounds good and does get the crowd jumped up but if you were sat next to it for the entire match you would probably be either deaf or bonkers or both by the end of it.

Perhaps, therefore, they should be afforded their own platform up in the stanchions somewhere with free refreshments delivered at HT and a pee bucket.

Nope, just checkd with me brother and friends we sit with, defo no drum v brighton!!

Didnt even hear it when stood at the front before HT. bang it louder boys!!

I heard it from Dolman B block... sounded good to me. (although glad it's in EE and not next to me!)

Nickolas.. might be worth have yer yers checked out! :laugh:

• Admin

Without stating the obvious, it's all about the timing and the tune being bashed out.

The England band are the extreme where they seem to play for the sake of it, but creating the odd tune is a good thing.

Just don't feel that it needs constant usage.

It can equally create of kill an atmosphere depending on when and how it is used

BTW: I could hear it in A block of the Dolman

I personally think it worked well during the forza eastenders chant, but killed a lot of other songs. Drums during 'I am a cider drinker' not needed. Think it improved as it went on but at the start it was like a toddler who had just got a drum set for Christmas,

I personally despise it when Blackpool bring the drum so I find it a little cringey, a lot of the lads around me were not impressed with it.

We are not talking about an 8 piece band playing Jerusalem all the way through.

I share a lot of Poland-red's general sentiment, but having drum to help beat out a beat when we sing is fine.

I agree there is no need for pointless bangin and some songs don't need it.

But fair play for trying it and if i/m honest, if we stick with it i think it will help make the atmosphere better.

Its just a drum to assist with the atmosphere.

I know we are City fans, but it amazed me some peolple i know moan about the lack of coherent singing in the east end, then on Tuesday moaned about the drum, saying how we could do it ourselves.

It's one or the other boys.

Archived