IGNORED

Well I Enjoyed This.... Days Gone Past

Dorset_Cider

I must be going senile, I was there but I don't remember a McCleary and certainly not as skipper, any details ?

I was thinking the same! All the other names on the teamsheet remember clear as a whistle, but don't have the foggiest on McLeary!?

Alan McLeary only played a handful of games. Easily forgotten. Mostly played for Millwall

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_McLeary

Was he a right back?

crazy that we'd make him captain after a smattering of games. got to be our least memorable skipper of modern times....

Super - yeah, had a chuckle at the Welcome at Hell banner :D twerton with its garden sheds not really on a par with galatasary. On a trumpton related note, always remember the bastads who'd watch from their windows in the flats on the right of the away end. They drove me nuts with their gloating, more so than any sags inside the ground ever did.

Great day that was. Car broke down on the way and had to hitch a lift with a Bath Wholesale Fruit van. Got dropped of outside The Jubilee (?) pub and found it was full of gas. Grabbed a pint and walked down the hill to witness the 'Thumped 'em at Trumpton'

Still got the t-shirt somewhere.

Great crosses from Tinnion and Bent for two of the goals. If only Albert could cross the ball like that.

I’d forgotten how awful some of the goal keepers’ jerseys were in the 90’s. Looking at the one worn by Welsh gave me eye strain!

Archived