IGNORED

Baldock

NewquayRed

I can't see him being at the club much longer - I'm pretty sure he was expecting first team football, can't see him sticking around to play 2-3 minutes every fortnight (yes I know he has been unlucky with injuries).

Would be nice to see him play, but he benefits with the ball being played into space/behind the defence and fast low crosses into the box. Currently we seem to play ball to feet, with lofted floated crosses from deep/corner of the box - a playstyle that suits Davies/Stead/Taylor much better.... can;t see Baldock getting much playtime at the moment.

p.s. now I have said that, watch Baldock start today :rolleyes:

I'm not knocking him , he's a good player and this is not his fault but what a waste of money Baldock has ended up being , if we stay up obviously he will have another chance to prove himself but we go down he will leave and that's alot of money wasted for us

I'm not knocking him , he's a good player and this is not his fault but what a waste of money Baldock has ended up being , if we stay up obviously he will have another chance to prove himself but we go down he will leave and that's alot of money wasted for us

Wasn't it 200k in the end as West Ham didn't pay the money they owed us for Micky?

If so I wouldn't call it a waste, and also he might still stay to have a full season of playing time with us, He might like Bristol and SoD could find a way to play him in the team, You never know.

Baldock is the best striker we have at the club, but doesn't suit the system, shame.

I think Davies is our best striker, Baldock misses too many chances you'd expect an out and out striker to take, or at least force a save.

He doesn't have a career record of scoring that backs up real confidence he could be a high scorer at this level, and, of course, he's never played a full season in the Championship .

His record for City shows he might have it in him, but it's by no means certain.

Wasn't it 200k in the end as West Ham didn't pay the money they owed us for Micky?

If so I wouldn't call it a waste, and also he might still stay to have a full season of playing time with us, He might like Bristol and SoD could find a way to play him in the team, You never know.

Fair enough but still a waste of money none the less , Ye you never know , personally I can't see it - too good to be true

I know it's not the positive thing to say but I've been pretty underwhelmed by Baldock. I know we haven't played to his strengths as such, but even in general play he's often poor. He's not what I was hoping for at all.

I suspect we'll play 1 up front again, as now Skuse is back in the team he'll only be out of it again when he's injured.

Just or the hell of it, so we kow what he is capable of........cue youtube video showing him scoring some cracking goals. Would like to see him get some game time...... 30 mins at the end of a game I think he would rip tiring defenders apart..... if he can prove he can score, and perform then he would then be knocking on the door for a starting place........ without game time however, not really much point in him being at the club (think he valued at around £1.5 million - if we are not going to play him - then cash in on him).

Baldock is the best striker we have at the club, but doesn't suit the system, shame.

Agree.

Davies and Stead are a better fit for the current formation used by SoD. It will be interesting to see what happens next season, assuming that Baldock is still here. SoD will have brought in some players during the close season and City’s style of play may be slightly different.

Of course, if we go down, City might want to sell Baldock to bring in some money and reduce the wage bill.

I can't see him being at the club much longer - I'm pretty sure he was expecting first team football, can't see him sticking around to play 2-3 minutes every fortnight (yes I know he has been unlucky with injuries).

Would be nice to see him play, but he benefits with the ball being played into space/behind the defence and fast low crosses into the box. Currently we seem to play ball to feet, with lofted floated crosses from deep/corner of the box - a playstyle that suits Davies/Stead/Taylor much better.... can;t see Baldock getting much playtime at the moment.

p.s. now I have said that, watch Baldock start today :rolleyes:

Thing is he'll know he needs to prove himself. He's still not really had a full season holding down a place in a Championship team and so it's down to him to show he can be a regular starter and goalscorer at this level and that he deserves a place in the team.

I think he can and, if we do stay up, he'll be a major figure for us next season once SOD strengthens and we can play to his strengths. But I don't think he's going to find it easy to force a move (nor, for that matter, do I have any reason to think he would try to do so) until he shows what he can do in the Championship.

Archived