IGNORED

Liam Kelly - Mom?

redfieldred

Not sure about man of the match, but he's been getting better and better over the last six weeks or so. He doesn't do anything spectacular, but he's been superb at braking up opposition attacks and just keeping it simple. What did we pay for him? £150k? Looks like it's some of the best money we've spent over the last five years or so.

After what Kelly has been through in the past year - the Cup final win, losing his dad in such tragic circumstances, signing for a manager who is then sacked, being bottom of the league etc - to be playing the way he is at the moment is just fantastic, good on you son.

You know, I just watched his post-match interview you know, and I just can't, you know, get you know out of my head, you know.

And I do know that he has been a very good signing and proving worth so far. He described himself as a 'box to box' midfielder when he came here and he's definitely shown that. Him and Elliot running the midfield like we thought was not possible at Bristol City 2 months ago.

You know.

Liked what i saw of Kelly from day one and he continues to impress me.

He is excellent off the ball. Effort work rate & commitment second to none. Always makes himself avaliable for a pass and has a great attribute of being able to spot and put out any potential danger before anyother. Good talker too always encouraging others while making sure we continue to keep our shape. On the ball he's technically decent and passes senssibly. Old head on young shoulders and i believe theirs much more to come still.

I dont thank Mcinnes for much but i thank him for this boy. Future captain and a player we should build our squad around next season regardless of divison.

Fonts was brilliant too - as was Marv and many others. But I thought Kelly affected the game so much he deserved MOM. He was everywhere, won most challenges - helped at the back- passed well. Complete midfield performance I reckon.

I'm glad someone posted this. I'll take nothing from an excellent performance by LF to say Kelly was my MotM too.

What a workhorse! The guy gave 100% and never was happy to see a blue shirt run past him, he was just relentless. He was up for everything and even looked dangerous when he was forward.

Shows, I guess, that Derek did have an instinct for bringing in good players, but he just didn't know what to do with them!

People criticise Del quite readily but, overall, his signings were good.

I agree.

Heaton was a great signing

Cunningham has been an outstanding signing

Liam Kelly another fantastic signing

Paul Anderson now under a new manager seems to be a capable player at this level

Steven Davies is a brilliant player but just hampered slightly by match fitness

Sam Baldock is a brilliant striker who given a consistent run in the team will score goals

Obviously he made a few bad ones such as Morris, Foster and Wilson but i'd let him off for those given the amount of good young players he's signed.

Add to that the signing of Brendan Maloney under SOD.

Overall I now think we are steadily building a good young squad.

I agree.

Heaton was a great signing

Cunningham has been an outstanding signing

Liam Kelly another fantastic signing

Paul Anderson now under a new manager seems to be a capable player at this level

Steven Davies is a brilliant player but just hampered slightly by match fitness

Sam Baldock is a brilliant striker who given a consistent run in the team will score goals

Obviously he made a few bad ones such as Morris, Foster and Wilson but i'd let him off for those given the amount of good young players he's signed.

Add to that the signing of Brendan Maloney under SOD.

Overall I now think we are steadily building a good young squad.

Del for Director of Football?

Although very unrealistic I think that he would fit the role quite well as he seemed to have an eye for a good player as well as dealing with "behind the scenes" situations.

Liked what i saw of Kelly from day one and he continues to impress me.

He is excellent off the ball. Effort work rate & commitment second to none. Always makes himself avaliable for a pass and has a great attribute of being able to spot and put out any potential danger before anyother. Good talker too always encouraging others while making sure we continue to keep our shape. On the ball he's technically decent and passes senssibly. Old head on young shoulders and i believe theirs much more to come still.

I dont thank Mcinnes for much but i thank him for this boy. Future captain and a player we should build our squad around next season regardless of divison.

I also think he is a future captain for us, since his first day I thought we have got a good player here. I know SoD has made the players function well and have the believe in them but is it a coincidence that when Kelly bar game one we have been a lot better.

Our worse game defensively was against Barnsley which strangely went to pot when Kelly was taken off.

I'm not saying he is the reason he improved us that is down to SoD but Kelly is the one IMO that allows the defence to gain confidence and brought the best back out of Marv.

Kelly very good, clever use of ball and good in possession, lots of movement and intelligent passing. Puts his foot in too.

But my M-o-M would be Davies, whom I thought worked incredibly hard and took his goal very, very well (but should have had a second)

Archived