IGNORED

New Contracts

Jon atyeo is my dad

I believe stead Elliot nyatanga skuse all out of contract at the end of the season. Skuse I'm told has a deal to go else where but the rest would you give deals too?

I'm thinking December I couldn't wait to see the back of them now I can't imagine the team functioning without them!

And, based on previous cycles, this December you'll probably want to see the back of them.

For too long I've had a season ticket, off which these have gotten rich. From too few of them have there been beads of sweat from each game. I've said before and I'll say again, this time around I'll not be ano early bird renew. If there isn't the squad shakeup I would like to see, they won't be getting rich from my renewal as I won't be renewing.

Wow. Yes lets keep the spine of a squad that has had us fighting relegation season after season after season even though our wagebill dictates a top club. Reduced terms or not the players are either not good enough or are not bothered enough.

Wow. Yes lets keep the spine of a squad that has had us fighting relegation season after season after season even though our wagebill dictates a top club. Reduced terms or not the players are either not good enough or are not bothered enough.

If you are really suggesting that Marvin Elliott and Jon Stead "are not bothered enough" then I fear for anyone who ever has the misfortune to work for you!

I also fear for SO'D if there is any expectation that either can be replaced in the Summer by players offering more bravery and commitment.

In my opinion you are no less wrong in your condemnation of the attitude of others (Fontaine, Skuse, Pearson, Nyatanga etc.), but your inclusion of Marvin and Steady in your passenger list starkly illustrates that your argument is devoid of reason. We all wish our team could achieve more and most of us are shocked at the size of our wage bill BUT indiscriminate criticism and replacement of playing staff is unlikely to yield the outcome we desire. Unsurprisingly, better players with much lower wage demands are not banging down the door at Ashton Gate for a chance to play in a failing team.

For the record, Nyatanga played little if any part in the worst periods of either of the last two seasons, even while struggling to regain fitness following serious injury Marvin contributed significantly to both or our rare victories in the Autumn and Steady has been right at the heart of three recoveries since he arrived.

Archived