IGNORED

Georgios Efrem

EastendFanatic

Absolutely buzzing for this Saturday! Seasons biggest game so far, and fingers crossed for another atmosphere like Baadiff away!

Anyway just a little mention of a possible signing this summer. Old man lives out in Cyprus so go back there whenever I can outside of Uni term. And I follow the Cypriot league quite closely just as I have affiliations with friends who play and are involved with several clubs out there. On Saturday AEP Paphos hosted AC Omonoia from the capital and in the crowd was a Bristol City scout or some form of representative. A friend who was at the game immediately called me asking if i knew anything or had heard in the UK press about any possible signing to which I had no idea.

After the game he asked friends and colleagues who work/support within Omonoia and found out the scout was looking heavily at Georgios Efrem, a cypriot winger who has had a decent career for a young Cypriot. Starting out at Arsenal as a youngster (and scoring in a 4-2 win over our academy a while back) he then moved onto loan spells at rangers (did not feature) and Dundee (scored 2 in 8 apps). He now plays for Omonoia ever since 2009 and has appeared over 100 times and scoring nearly 20 times Both in domestic and european competitions. Granted that Cypriot football isn't that prestigious in world football, he has represented Cyprus both in the under 21's and at first team level.

Probably get shot down or heavily doubted with source!!!!??? But i have requested the link or cut out of any physical local press, so if i do receive it i will post accordingly. Just thought i'd let people know what i had been told.

COYR!!!

I've seen quite a few Omonoia games where Efrem has featured including a few Capital derbies and Efrem was a constant threat, loves to cut inside and play the ball through or over the top to the CF or ST. Quite a few mates have now messaged me asking if the press in the UK have said anything as they really don't want to lose him. At his age there is potential there. But i still think this could be a possible signing in summer.

Archived