IGNORED

Dean Saunders Cranking It Up Already

glynriley

On the handful of occasions that I have been to watch city play at Molineux we have never really turned up ('rabbits in the headlights' comes to mind). Can't say that I am altogether surprised by that - if Wolves get ahead in the game the atmosphere can be pretty intimidating.

On Saturday, I just want us to turn up, and execute the game plan that SOD puts in place. We are a very different proposition to the one that Wolves hammered a couple of months back (nightmares haven't quite gone away yet) - but we shouldn't fall into the trap of setting-up to 'outplay' or 'outscore' our opponents. If we go there, concede 80% possession, defend tightly throughout the team, and give ourselves a chance of nicking it on a counter-attack that'll do for me.

Wolves have some absolutely quality players so I'll be chuffed with a 0-0 draw. A win would be a bonus. Like someone else said, if we get one past them early in the 1st half and get their fans to give stick to Saunders, we'll have a chance to nick it. Won't be a walkover by a long shot but fingers crossed for a little luck.

We have played brilliantly against some teams recently that are a lot better than wolves, watford, blackpool, brighton and boro are all much much better teams than wolves so im confident that if we perform how we have done so far under SO'D we will win. Simples. The last time we played against a side who were in and around us and we actually performed ****il the last half hour) was against barnsley and that turned out pretty well didnt it so COME ON CITY, such a shame there aren't anymore tickets :(

Lets be fair we could be bottom by the time this game comes around. This game isnt going to guarantee survival or relagation. Win or a draw would be good though. But there seems to be alot more confidence at the moment and I fear that confidence may turn into "Deffinately going down" threads come sataday evening.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dean-saunders-transfer-targets---1343766

Saunders says Championship football is a must: “Yes, otherwise we won’t be able to afford them.

"And another thing that has pleased me is in Ladbrokes, we’re not one of the three favourites to get relegated and they don’t normally get it wrong.

"They have looked at our squad and thought ‘they will get out of it’ and that’s what I’m thinking.

:rofl2br:

I think (hope) that this smacks of desperation. His comment that he’s pleased because Ladbrokes say Wolves are not one of the favourites to get relegated is laughable.

Some on the forum have mentioned that City have not won / played well at Molineux. I always believe that what has happened in the past has no bearing on a game unless it’s a recent event. City hasn’t played Wolves away for some years and the previous away Wolves results will mean nothing to the current team. What will be relevant is the way both teams prepare and I’m confident that SoD will be better at this than Dean Saunders.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dean-saunders-transfer-targets---1343766

Saunders says Championship football is a must: “Yes, otherwise we won’t be able to afford them.

"And another thing that has pleased me is in Ladbrokes, we’re not one of the three favourites to get relegated and they don’t normally get it wrong.

"They have looked at our squad and thought ‘they will get out of it’ and that’s what I’m thinking.

:rofl2br:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wolverhampton-wanderers-dean-saunders-says-1732863

He reeks of Chris Coleman. Another clueless Taffy ***** that adds nothing to the game.

"For long periods we were probably the better team.” - Probably being the key word (uncertainty).

“Against Millwall on Tuesday we took them and they missed and that is why we won that game.” - How insightful and unlucky on his tactical approach.

“I thought we were going to go on and win because we had been in front before the goal" - Errrrrrr, what a dumbass.

I think O'Driscoll needs to take Saunders back to school on Saturday.

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=79715

For more quotes from their much beloved manager...wider views here!

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=79693

They could roll us over, but quite fancy our chances of getting at least something from the game.

One of my fav quotes by him is:

" I know how to get us out of this Division and my plan is succeeding"

This is also worth a read - their views of SOD.

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=79708

This is also worth a read - their views of SOD.

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=79708

Interesting to read how some of them think that, as a Wolverhampton lad from a family of Wolves supporters, SO'D should replace Saunders as their next manager!

They universally are disenamoured with Saunders and are less than confident of their chances against us this weekend.

Saunders was doing quite nicely was it with Wrexham?.. some lower league or conf team anyway then gets plucked to continue the good work that some chap did at Donny.

Wrexham have much improved since he left. He was a big name and er that was it. Wolves have been suckered in to this big-name-for-new-manager syndrome and how they are going to pay for it. Good news for us though.

Lets be realistic, - we haven't won at Wolves since the 1930's, our away form is poor and if they turn up, it's difficult to see us taking all 3 points. They have some quality players who are massively under-performing, despite this under-performance, occasionally they will get it right. I'm just hoping it's not Saturday.

A draw would be a fantastic result for us. We do have a chance but we need to keep the home crowd quiet and get them frustrated.

For me, this game is not the be all and end all that it seems to be for Wolves. We need to keep picking up points at home and there are other away games where I fancy our chances more than saturday.

When a home team really needs that win, it often happens - City V Coventry, City V Barnsley (twice) springs to mind for us in recent seasons....

I'm hopeful, but not expectant.

Although I agree with pretty much of all this didn't we go to Forest last season and win after years of not winning there? Just hope we can do something this season and beat Wolves on their patch.

These quotes are hilarious. Keep them coming. Is this the most stupid man in football?

What would worry me most as a wolves fan is that he actually stopped to check the bookies odds.

Doomed. Can we put then bottom sat if results go against us tonight?

We must get our revenge....

0-4 down at half time at the gate still hurts now!

COYR!

That was the game that convinced me that McInnes had to go. Just think what difference an extra month of S O'D's leadership would have made to our standing.

That was the game that convinced me that McInnes had to go. Just think what difference an extra month of S O'D's leadership would have made to our standing.

But O'Driz was at Forest until Boxing Day so couldn't have come a month earlier...he could however of come 18 months earlier had the board picked him over McInnes...oh well, we are where we are

"We’ve got players here with the knack. You always have an eye for a goal but you can lose your eye of the tiger. I’ve still got my eye for goal now but if you lose your eye of the tiger you are not actually moving to where the ball is going. It is belief and confidence. When you are scoring you have got the eye of the tiger.” - Dean Saunders

But O'Driz was at Forest until Boxing Day so couldn't have come a month earlier...he could however of come 18 months earlier had the board picked him over McInnes...oh well, we are where we are

True. Perhaps I should've written 'come three weeks earlier'. He's have only needed to get a point at Millwall OR Blackburn and we'd be out the bottom 3 now.

These quotes are hilarious. Keep them coming. Is this the most stupid man in football?

What would worry me most as a wolves fan is that he actually stopped to check the bookies odds.

Doomed. Can we put then bottom sat if results go against us tonight?

Most stupid man in football? Tough call, that ;)

Interesting to read how some of them think that, as a Wolverhampton lad from a family of Wolves supporters, SO'D should replace Saunders as their next manager!

They universally are disenamoured with Saunders and are less than confident of their chances against us this weekend.

One of their fans is a bit of an insider on us. This made interesting reading:-

"His coaching style is very good and unique. Rather than explaining what players and the team are doing wrong he allows them to see for themselves.

On his first day he got the lads in a circle and asked them to just knock the ball around and across the circle, one touch football. The lads did this for a while regularly getting over 30 consecutive passes.

He then asked the lads what they were doing and after some dumb looks they said they were passing the ball, one touch. He asked what their aim was, how many etc.. Nobody answered. One or two threw some numbers out, one said 15 would be good, another said 20. SOD asked them to get to 15 but this time he would watch and count.

They couldn't do it, they got to 10,11,12., sometimes less. He stopped the session and asked why.

Pressure. When they were relaxed, confident and were just trying to do as many as they could it was easy. Suddenly he put a number on it. They then started panicking, trying too hard, trying to be too precise, they were scared of making a mistake.

He explained this was their problem on a Saturday. They were great in training but as soon as thre was a crowd, pressure and expectation it all went wrong.

He has since addressed that in ways which I don't think would be appropriate, or fair to talk about on here but he is one clever guy and whilst his training isn't the most exciting the lads feel they learn something after every session."

I'm a bit worried.

SOD obviously analyses the opposition, looks at their game plays and sets out to negate them.

If you are playing a team where the starting 11 is constantly changing and they are relying on the eye of their tiger rather than a thought out tactical plan - what is there to analyse? It then means we have to rely on the eye of our tiger and if we have lost the eye of our tiger as well then you have got two blind tigers on the pitch and anything could happen.

I'm a bit worried.

SOD obviously analyses the opposition, looks at their game plays and sets out to negate them.

If you are playing a team where the starting 11 is constantly changing and they are relying on the eye of their tiger rather than a thought out tactical plan - what is there to analyse? It then means we have to rely on the eye of our tiger and if we have lost the eye of our tiger as well then you have got two blind tigers on the pitch and anything could happen.

In that scenario , it simply comes down to the thrill of the fight , and rising up to the challenge of a rival.

I'm a bit worried.

Class

It seems that they are in the same position as we were when Del boy was here:

"Except Saunders couldn't write anything like that because he hasn't got a $$$$ing clue. Been here a couple of months now and still doesn't know what his best 11 is or what formation suits them, so he keeps chopping and changing in the hope of stumbling across a 'magic formula' that does work. If the players couldn't adapt to one system Stale was trying to drum into them, how the $$$$ are they expected to learn a new one every match? (or more than one as the debacle against Barnsley of switching shape as soon as we go a goal up showed)"

Sounds similar to Del Boy.

Archived