IGNORED

Millwall

glynriley

what pathetic attendance from a club that use to get 25,000 every home week..

What would be our attendance if we were in the quater finals with a chance of going to wembley?

I'd think we'd sell out

No, that's Kuadiff...

Millwall will take 50k plus if given

They won't and they wouldn't.

As for the OP... absolutely great news on two fronts in my view:-

1. The one this thread is about

2. Conversely a big confidence knock for Blackburn.

I happen to think both clubs will continue to slide and be looking over their shoulder for a while yet.

After we secure safety It would be the cherry on the cake to see KFC going down.

I think the FA will be sweating, cup semi finals should be played at Neutral grounds. Wigan v Millwall at Villa Park would be a 40,000 sell out, Wigan v Millwall at Wembley I would guess Wigan will sell 20,000 maybe 25,000 as their fans will think they will win, Millwall might sell 25,000 maybe 30,000 because it is local. Wembley will certainly not be full.

I think the FA will be sweating, cup semi finals should be played at Neutral grounds. Wigan v Millwall at Villa Park would be a 40,000 sell out, Wigan v Millwall at Wembley I would guess Wigan will sell 20,000 maybe 25,000 as their fans will think they will win, Millwall might sell 25,000 maybe 30,000 because it is local. Wembley will certainly not be full.

Millwall will take over 45,000. They have taken that to Wembley before so no reason why they cant this time. if they beat Wigan they are guaranteed a place in the Europa league next season as they other finalist will already have been allocated a European spot. cant see Wigan taking more than 30,000 though.

Agree completely! Having the semi's at Wembley takes the fun out of the prospect of a cup final day out, if you get to the final you've already had one day out at Wembley!

My reasons for Cup being devalued....

Manure opting out

Finals being played at Cardiff

Pens after replays

Semis at Wembley

Games spread over four or five dats

Embarassing "live draws" with C list celebs

Anyone got any more ?

Archived