IGNORED

Songs That Remind You Of City

Tins

I was listening to radio 2 and they played Give It Up by KC and the sunshine band.

That song already reminds me of Ashton Gate due to it being played before a match.

What songs remind you of City, yet aren't City related (One for the Bristol City etc)?

Top Of The World by the Carpenters. Remember standing in the Enclosure in the early 80's often on rainy Tuesday nights and hearing this long.

Always liked it since then and every time I hear it it reminds of those days at Ashton Gate, which I loved. :)

Golden Brown by The Stranglers

City had a must win game at York many moons ago, i couldn't go and was glued to Radio Bristol. They didn't do full match commentary back then, just went over for sporadic reports. We just had ro win and i was pacing around my kitchen as they played Golden Brown and interrupted the song halfway through to day Ralph Milne was through one on one but he missed!

Then they went back to the bl@@dy song!

Won't ever forget that!

Just for tonight reminds me of the play off final. Always skip it, heartbreaking.

Equally, I smile when I hear al Jolson sing the red red robin. That should be played more.

I prefer this version personally. I agree though, it should be played more.

Just for tonight reminds me of the play off final. Always skip it, heartbreaking.

Equally, I smile when I hear al Jolson sing the red red robin. That should be played more.

Same here still remember that along with the Brilliant Mr Brightside which was also played that day.

Not forgetting, 'Oops upside your head' by The Gap Band.

Memorably changed to 'We are Ciderheads' by the mob in the back corner of the EE against York, night match, to go top of the 4th.

Especially the bloke with the huge Mohican who always wore a Dead Kennedys t-shirt who was unmissable at the time.

Not forgetting, 'Oops upside your head' by The Gap Band.

Memorably changed to 'We are Ciderheads' by the mob in the back corner of the EE against York, night match, to go top of the 4th.

Especially the bloke with the huge Mohican who always wore a Dead Kennedys t-shirt who was unmissable at the time.

I was in the EE that night , Paul Stevens goal , won 1-0. Happy Days !

Oh dear really?! :ermm:

We're talking early '70's Lew, it was a happy City crowd who left the ground singing along to that one.

And a miserable one filing out when it couldn't be played because we'd failed to win.

It was unique to AG, and don't forget Cliff Richard wasn't unpopular in those days.

Hey Kids.........How about the tinkling Ivories of Mr Conrad with his Red Red Robin.....

A song that is not exactly played at AG but always reminds me of City is Feeder's "Buck Rogers" coz we always played it in the car coming back from some wonderful away days in "the play off season" ....really did think we were gonna make it

We're talking early '70's Lew, it was a happy City crowd who left the ground singing along to that one.

And a miserable one filing out when it couldn't be played because we'd failed to win.

It was unique to AG, and don't forget Cliff Richard wasn't unpopular in those days.

Well that was quite a while before my time :laugh:. I remember when City played ' the boys are back in town '

That was when I first started going as a young kid and I remember it very well. Good memories

I was in the EE that night , Paul Stevens goal , won 1-0. Happy Days !

Were you the Mohican Glyn?

:sub:

I was in my regular place, the open bit as you came in.

For some reason a load of 'lads' had started congregating in the back corner of the EE near us, and it was a great atmosphere that night.

From memory the crowd must have been close on 11,000 to see us go top.

Were you the Mohican Glyn?

:sub:

I was in my regular place, the open bit as you came in.

For some reason a load of 'lads' had started congregating in the back corner of the EE near us, and it was a great atmosphere that night.

From memory the crowd must have been close on 11,000 to see us go top.

Nah , not me mate. I was always a bit more of a casual , all Farah trousers and Pringle jumpers !!

All into roll necks and urban stone then Glyn?

I'm getting on a bit now Lew , as long as it keeps me warm , I'm happy !!

Mind you , talking of roll necks I remember going down to Plymouth 1 year wearing Red Kicker boots , a pink Pringle jumper and a yellow Lyle and Scott roll neck. And I wondered why I was getting funny looks !!!

I'm getting on a bit now Lew , as long as it keeps me warm , I'm happy !!

Mind you , talking of roll necks I remember going down to Plymouth 1 year wearing Red Kicker boots , a pink Pringle jumper and a yellow Lyle and Scott roll neck. And I wondered why I was getting funny looks !!!

Quality! Not into bright colours myself. More a fan of parka coats and drainpipe jeans!

Archived