IGNORED

Dereks Next Stop

Mr Banos

The really sad think is that some of our fans still think hew did a good job or would have done in time. Without SOD we would be as good as down and probably mathematically as well. Del was a joke of a manager and only kept us up last season due to injuries and suspensions forcing him to change the team and tactics and also Pompey being docked 10 points. Cos if they had not Barnsley would have been fighting for their lives in the last 4 games, rather than being on their holidays cos they knew they were safe.

The really sad think is that some of our fans still think hew did a good job or would have done in time. Without SOD we would be as good as down and probably mathematically as well. Del was a joke of a manager and only kept us up last season due to injuries and suspensions forcing him to change the team and tactics and also Pompey being docked 10 points. Cos if they had not Barnsley would have been fighting for their lives in the last 4 games, rather than being on their holidays cos they knew they were safe.

A little balance needed here I think. Wlhist I'm sure that towards the end he had lost the plot and we were going down we are now without doubt better off with SOD. That's not to say that Del didn't do anything good in his time - he kept up us last year from a bad position, cleared out a lot of expensive dead wood, was part of a behind the scenes transformation and signed Heaton, Cunningham, Anderson, Baldock, Davies and Kelly not to mention some good loan signings. OK, Pearson and Foster are very debatable, but overall that's a better record of recruitment than most.

Don't want him back, glad we've got SOD, but to write Del off as 'a joke of a manager' is spectacularly unfair. Shame it didn't work out with us, but he's due some thanks for the good stuff he did and best wishes for his next thing.

A little balance needed here I think. Wlhist I'm sure that towards the end he had lost the plot and we were going down we are now without doubt better off with SOD. That's not to say that Del didn't do anything good in his time - he kept up us last year from a bad position, cleared out a lot of expensive dead wood, was part of a behind the scenes transformation and signed Heaton, Cunningham, Anderson, Baldock, Davies and Kelly not to mention some good loan signings. OK, Pearson and Foster are very debatable, but overall that's a better record of recruitment than most.

Don't want him back, glad we've got SOD, but to write Del off as 'a joke of a manager' is spectacularly unfair. Shame it didn't work out with us, but he's due some thanks for the good stuff he did and best wishes for his next thing.

Fantastic post

A little balance needed here I think. Wlhist I'm sure that towards the end he had lost the plot and we were going down we are now without doubt better off with SOD. That's not to say that Del didn't do anything good in his time - he kept up us last year from a bad position,

I don't agree with you about keeping us up last season as i stated in my post. More luck than judgement. Without Portsmouth ten points deduction, us and Barnsely would have been fighting a survival battle. As it was, Barnsley were safe with 4 games to go, so were not fighting for their lives. If they were they probably would have picked up some points and finished above us.

cleared out a lot of expensive dead wood, was part of a behind the scenes transformation and signed Heaton, Cunningham, Anderson, Baldock, Davies and Kelly not to mention some good loan signings. OK, Pearson and Foster are very debatable, but overall that's a better record of recruitment than most.

I agree that he signed some good players. The problem was that he then did not want to play them I.e Baldock and Davies. Thats two million pounds worth of talent that he let rot.

He is a manager that never looked like he learned from his mistakes and kept repeating them. The team never showed signs of improvement under him and now under SOD we can see just how organised they were and how he lacked leadership.

Archived