IGNORED

Barnsley And Peteboro, Wtf?

reddogkev

What the hell is going on with these two teams? Come on, guys, seriously it's getting a bit pathetic now, where has their form come from?

They both appear to be playing with the form, skill, fortitude, etc, of teams challenging for the top two spots, not battling against the drop. Can somebody please just do me a favour and politely inform them to stop making such a mockery of the division! It's rather disconcerting for the team at the bottom, desperately looking to pull away from the foot of the table, only to observe these two jokers performing like supermen.

I mean, for God's sake, beating both Brighton and Watford in the same week? Barnsley, behave yourselves! Flitcroft is hardly a world-renowed manager of legendary skill and experience, so how on earth is he achieving this feat?

The mind truly boggles!

I suppose it's a question of needing to go forward and not trying to contain teams, especially on away games!

They know their in a fight to avoid relegation, so treat every game as a cup match.

Where we seem happy to pick up home points with fingers crossed.

Aside from our misfortune, the fact both clubs can do that means I retain a little faith in the modern game. We all know though, like us, it's only a matter of time before they fall through the trapdoor again. The likes of Milwall, Charlton and Blackpool can be added to that list as well. The Championship, in terms of finance, is increasingly looking like a two-tier division.

Aside from our misfortune, the fact both clubs can do that means I retain a little faith in the modern game. We all know though, like us, it's only a matter of time before they fall through the trapdoor again. The likes of Milwall, Charlton and Blackpool can be added to that list as well. The Championship, in terms of finance, is increasingly looking like a two-tier division.

Good point, if I wasn't so invested in the battle to survive, I'd probably be watching on with awe at the miracles Barnsley and Pete Boro are performing. As it stands, their form is driving me crazy!

I hear what you're saying about the financial divide of the championship, but I don't think it's a big problem. Look at Swansea, can't recall them spending too much cash in their impressive elevation up the ranks; same went for Stoke a few years ago.

You're putting us in with them financially? £18.6m our wagebill the other year,. would love to know how it compares. Just found, Barnsley is £6.2m- roughly 1/3 of ours.

Their form is crazy, Flitcroft I think has won 9 there in all competitions since start of Jan which is top end form.

I think their expecations are probably lower than ours, allowing them to play without so much fear. Whereas our bunch have looked shit scared most of the season.

Having said that Super Sean seems to have addressed this and got them playing with confidence again, most of the time (2nd half at Wolves being a notable exception)

You're putting us in with them financially? £18.6m our wagebill the other year,. would love to know how it compares. Just found, Barnsley is £6.2m- roughly 1/3 of ours.

Their form is crazy, Flitcroft I think has won 9 there in all competitions since start of Jan which is top end form.

The other year it may have been £18.6m but it won't be now. McInnes had to halve the wage budget for this season.

Interesting numbers there Pop, assuming you are correct. I read the other day that Everton's wage bill is about £55m and they were comparing it to Liverpool's which is £120m and the two Manchester clubs into the stratosphere. Talk of Moyes departing are quite extraordinary and I hope Bill Kenwright hold's his nerve. Be mad to change.

Interesting numbers there Pop, assuming you are correct. I read the other day that Everton's wage bill is about £55m and they were comparing it to Liverpool's which is £120m and the two Manchester clubs into the stratosphere. Talk of Moyes departing are quite extraordinary and I hope Bill Kenwright hold's his nerve. Be mad to change.

I assume it's fairly accurate maybe not 100% but it was widely quoted last year. Point is even if it's not quite as big as that it's surely bigger than Barnsley, Peterborough and varied others around us. Liverpool's is ridiculous relative to League position and two Manchester's more so as you say though- can be done though, Dortmund have a wage bill similar to Everton I believe yet are one of the best sides in Europe right now. Juve's is lower than both Manchester clubs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Bayern's is very similar to Arsenals (though Arsenal nearly pulled it off). Agree very much so on Moyes,

The other year it may have been £18.6m but it won't be now. McInnes had to halve the wage budget for this season.

Are you certain? Financial results in 2012 came out, I was away for good periods of last season tbh so a little out the loop. Balcodk, Cunningham, Anderson all Champ players can't have come cheap wage wise and our squad isn't small.

Are you certain? Financial results in 2012 came out, I was away for good periods of last season tbh so a little out the loop. Balcodk, Cunningham, Anderson all Champ players can't have come cheap wage wise and our squad isn't small.

Well it's what he said after he was sacked. Possibly he exaggerated a little to make his point I don't know, but SL confirmed at the weekend that Hunt, Stewart and Cisse were all on massive wages and they all departed last year. The players you mention are, I would hope, on more realistic deals.

Archived