IGNORED

Hey Thephat1

beijing red

Not sure about Phat1 but I can confirm that I was in the home end and survived to tell the tale!!

To be honest, I found it VERY hard to remain seated when we opened the scoring - I think the fact it was such a comedy goal helped me in my quest to blend in, as I was laughing as were a number of Wolfies around me!

Believe me - they were an unhappy bunch. As has been said on many threads this weekend, for the first hour they were awful, their fans were depressed, were slagging off Saunders, slagging off the players, slagging off every bad touch, bad pass, missed tackle - they were convinced that they were terrible and would lose.

When Sigardsson had their first worthy effort of note on about 60 minutes, the sarcastic cheer was as loud as I've ever heard any set of fans barracking their own team.

But for some reason, it seemed to be the catalyst for them to start creating pressure on us. It took a monumental effort of everything I had to stand up when they scored and pretend to be pleased - there were some scrutinous eyes around me!! After their celebrations had died down, I decided to nip to the bog and gladly missed their 2nd. Although some old boy shouted something in a Black Country accent at me when I was washing my hands - I just replied with a mumbled and half-comedy midlands twang of "That's rooiiight mayyyyyte" Somehow I got away with it. I had to try to look happy again when getting back to my seat though - with loads of wolfies jumping around in my vicinity.

I am never gonna do this again, I found it very hard to pretend to be someone else. A mental note was made to make sure I buy my away end tickets early in the future, before they sell-out.

I must say I was a tad disappointed with the noise from the away end. At times it was pretty good, but a lot of times the top tier would be singing one thing and the bottom tier something else. Bless you all, you all gave it a go, but the two-tier thing worked very much against you.

Yes, they were very quiet - certainly in comparison to my previous visits to Molineux, it's usually quite loud up there.

They made a bit of noise for the first 5 minutes but were generally quiet for most of the first half. Those in the opposite end to the City fans were trying to get things going but it wasn't happening. The loudest they got in the first half was when they sang "**** Off Dean Saunders, You're taking us down".

Naturally they got going once they'd scored, but for the first hour they honestly were an unhappy bunch, convinced they were going down.

It's often the case I suppose. The home support want to be entertained before they start making any noise, more so when things are not going well. It has been flat at Ashton gate especially during the Mcinnes reign.

Where as in the main the away support is there to make a noise to represent their club. And basically have a "divvy day out".

Archived