IGNORED

Caulker Replaces Rio In England Squad

JammyOne

Why is this good news?

I'm no Ferdinand lover, in fact did not agree with his latest call up but..........

Caulker has not had a good season, cannot even get in the Tottenham side, yeah he played yesterday but only due to injury!

Take off the rose tinters and this is not good for England!

Why is this good news?

I'm no Ferdinand lover, in fact did not agree with his latest call up but..........

Caulker has not had a good season, cannot even get in the Tottenham side, yeah he played yesterday but only due to injury!

Spot on. Caulker is nowhere near good enough yet.

Why is this good news?

He is the future of the England team though, he should of been in there anyway due to this reason alone. I doubt Racist Rio will be on the plane to Brazil next summer anyway

Spot on. Caulker is nowhere near good enough yet.

Perhaps not, I wasn't even suggesting that he starts; heck, he is behind Lescott, Cahill and Smalling. But if he is to eventually become a regular for England it is absolutely vital that he trains with the England squad and gains vital experience.

Perhaps not, I wasn't even suggesting that he starts; heck, he is behind Lescott, Cahill and Smalling. But if he is to eventually become a regular for England it is absolutely vital that he trains with the England squad and gains vital experience.

Fair point.

Why is this good news?

Caulker is 21 years old and has started 25 games for Spurs this season.

If that doesn't warrent a call up to the england squad, I don't know what does, serious shortage of quality english defenders in this country, he's not going to start but will learn from being in the squad and playing with the best, It's San Marino and Montenegro we are playing, not exactly teams that are going to stretch him, he's still learning and this is a great learning experence.

good luck to him,

If that doesn't warrent a call up to the england squad, I don't know what does, serious shortage of quality english defenders in this country, he's not going to start but will learn from being in the squad and playing with the best, It's San Marino and Montenegro we are playing, not exactly teams that are going to stretch him, he's still learning and this is a great learning experence.

good luck to him,

Well Montenegro are certainly a decent team. Only drew 2-2 there last campaign when Shrek got sent off.

I'll be at the San Marino game and would be nice to see Caulker in an England shirt.

good luck to him,

Not seen the table then.

Some incredible views on this forum.

1. Rio isn't racist - proof? I laughed at a racist joke yesterday and I know I'm not racist.

2. Rio will know what's best for him, not entirely up to Fergie

3. Starting games shouldn't be enough to get in the England squad. Caulker has not had a good season

4. Montenegro is not an easy game

5. This isn't 'great' news

Disgraceful that Ferguson has such an influence on his players. He basically said the other day he didn't want him playing for England.

He may be one of the best managers ever, but the man is a tosser of the highest order!

Disgraceful that Ferguson has such an influence on his players. He basically said the other day he didn't want him playing for England.

Agreed. It seems almost certain that SAF is behind this decision , which is a shame for Rio if he really is interested in playing for England. I would imagine Roy won't consider him again for future squads , he may as well retire from international football now.

But what will people think who heard you laugh?

I dont particularly care what people think to be honest but I hope that people do not jump to conclusions. For the reference, it was only my wife who heard me laugh and she didn't find the joke funny but I can promise you that if she thought I was racist she would divorce me! She's VERY liberal!!

I strongly believe that someone's sense of humour does not portray their believes. Laughing at someone calling Ashley Cole a choc ice means nothing - the term is funny.

Also I believe that as it's Rio, people judge differently. If the same thing happened with Marvin Elliot then people on here would have different views.

I dont particularly care what people think to be honest but I hope that people do not jump to conclusions. For the reference, it was only my wife who heard me laugh and she didn't find the joke funny but I can promise you that if she thought I was racist she would divorce me! She's VERY liberal!!

I strongly believe that someone's sense of humour does not portray their believes. Laughing at someone calling Ashley Cole a choc ice means nothing - the term is funny.

I agree totally with you on the sense of humour bit but

We live in 2013 pc England

Laugh at a racist joke puts you up there with the Clan

Some incredible views on this forum.

1. Rio isn't racist - proof? I laughed at a racist joke yesterday and I know I'm not racist.

2. Rio will know what's best for him, not entirely up to Fergie

3. Starting games shouldn't be enough to get in the England squad. Caulker has not had a good season

4. Montenegro is not an easy game

5. This isn't 'great' news

RedDave - I would say this IS great news.

Rio kicked off in a big way at not getting selected in the summer for what were legitimate "football reasons" - no matter what anyone tries to argue.

Now he's actually put a decent spell of form and fitness together, he was rightly called up again - no arguments from anyone in terms of the form he's shown for the top team in the country at present.

Is there ever a better time for him to play for England? His club have a handful of games remaining and already have the title sewn up. They don't have any distraction of midweek European competition. Why the hell should he not be available NOW?

If he can't make himself available for this round of internationals, then when will he? I can't see him pushing himself to play in Sept, Oct & Nov when we have the next round of CRUCIAL world cup qualifiers, when the new season will be in full swing, with continual midweek fixtures.

This is the ideal weekend for him to be available, and if he can't do it now, then he shouldn't be considered again.

That's why it's good news - because Roy can focus on the future rather than the farce that's been played out by Rio since last May.

Goodbye Rio - you were given the opportunity to resurrect your international career at an ideal time and you turned it down. Please don't spout off on twitter when you aren't selected for the Autumn qualifiers.

What are you people on about saying caulker hasn't had a good season? He was in the first team from day 1 of the season and was playing great up until a injury and then Dawson coming into the team and playing superbly. Caulker may have had a small drop in form but he's only 21 and playing for a team in the top 4 of the premiership behind such defenders as Vertonghen and Dawson.

He's had a great first full season for spurs, especially at his age!

RedDave - I would say this IS great news.

Rio kicked off in a big way at not getting selected in the summer for what were legitimate "football reasons" - no matter what anyone tries to argue.

Now he's actually put a decent spell of form and fitness together, he was rightly called up again - no arguments from anyone in terms of the form he's shown for the top team in the country at present.

Is there ever a better time for him to play for England? His club have a handful of games remaining and already have the title sewn up. They don't have any distraction of midweek European competition. Why the hell should he not be available NOW?

If he can't make himself available for this round of internationals, then when will he? I can't see him pushing himself to play in Sept, Oct & Nov when we have the next round of CRUCIAL world cup qualifiers, when the new season will be in full swing, with continual midweek fixtures.

This is the ideal weekend for him to be available, and if he can't do it now, then he shouldn't be considered again.

That's why it's good news - because Roy can focus on the future rather than the farce that's been played out by Rio since last May.

Goodbye Rio - you were given the opportunity to resurrect your international career at an ideal time and you turned it down. Please don't spout off on twitter when you aren't selected for the Autumn qualifiers.

Good post. Hopefully Roy has called the to$$ers bluff. Did anybody seriously expect him to join the squad?

Archived