IGNORED

Every England Squad

Every time the squad is announced, at least 3 players but usually more pick up niggles that rule them out. Now if you pick 24 players who are perfectly fit, then within a few days. They're dropping like flies and more will follow. Just another thing wrong with football that country comes 2nd...in England at least.

If the FA made a rule that if a player who is called up to the England Squad drops out due to a so called injury

That player is then unable to play again for his club for say 10 days

Would be interesting to see how many dropped out then

You'd end up with a load of players turning up who were injured that couldn't play anyway, thereby reducing your options of fit players being called up.

I never understand why we need or any other country pick 22 players when you can only pick 11 to start, I was thinking today just pick the squad of 16 then those players either know they are going to start and the remaining will be subs why travel thousands of miles when you know you are not even going to make the subs bench. May stop the pullouts.

I never understand why we need or any other country pick 22 players when you can only pick 11 to start, I was thinking today just pick the squad of 16 then those players either know they are going to start and the remaining will be subs why travel thousands of miles when you know you are not even going to make the subs bench. May stop the pullouts.

That's the reason why Foster, Carragher and Carrick stayed away from England in the past few years. Although the other numbers are there incase of injuries and what not so they are at least familiar with training and being around the squad etc.

If carrick starts centre half against San Marino if I was the other centre halfs I would retire straight away, insulting

its san marino we won't need a centre half, I'd play lennon and walcot at the back with rooney in goal and get steve ball out of retirement to play up front,

Im not sure, but i think the likes of Lescott and Rooney are already on 1 yellow? Hodgson certainly wouldnt want them picking up a yellow in this game which would rule them out of the far more important match against Montenegro.

Still, no reason to be playing Carrick at CB. Caulker would surely be the 1st choice replacement out of those available?

• Admin

If the FA made a rule that if a player who is called up to the England Squad drops out due to a so called injury

That player is then unable to play again for his club for say 10 days

Would be interesting to see how many dropped out then

I thought there was a FIFA rule that if a player was called up for their country but was not fit to play, they still had to report to their training camp and be assessed for their injury.

Certainly can remember Gary Lewin commenting on players reporting to prove their injuries.

Also is there not a rule that states that they can't play for their club side if they are injured for their country - something like can't play over the next 4 days???

• Admin

Well if this doesn't signal the end of Rio's international career , nothing will.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8580961/

The whole Rio situation has been a farce.

IF he has such a stringent training patern, then why did Hodgson never know about it?

As for the above, can't understand why he has to go out there to do the TV show, surely it could be done from Al-Jezeera in London studios?

The whole Rio situation has been a farce.

IF he has such a stringent training patern, then why did Hodgson never know about it?

As for the above, can't understand why he has to go out there to do the TV show, surely it could be done from Al-Jezeera in London studios?

Bit chilly here though !!

What is it with Arsenal players, they're all made of glass. I think the club need to take a look at their training schedules and medical staff, particularly considering their young players.

True

They should follow liverpools example

Play the likes of Owen and Fowler every week when they are just 16/17 years old

Fast forward 10 years and see two washed out has beens past thier best and shot to bits

True

They should follow liverpools example

Play the likes of Owen and Fowler every week when they are just 16/17 years old

Fast forward 10 years and see two washed out has beens past thier best and shot to bits

Of course that's what they shouldn't be doing, and the fact remains they constantly have recurring injuries to their players, Gibbs plays a few games and then is out for two months, Theo in and out of the treatment room, and now Jack Wilshire following in their footsteps.

Archived