IGNORED

Only On Bbc Gossip But.....

ciderbeans

The Football League is to examine a range of measures, including a potentially radical salary cap in the Championship, to offset the effect of vastly increased parachute payments for relegated Premier League clubs that it claims could undermine competition.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/mar/20/football-league-parachute-payments

What are people's thoughts on a salary cap?

I personally believe it needs to be implemented across the board.

It would be great to see all clubs competing on the same financial level with regards to salary as maybe then you will get players choosing clubs they love to play for over a so called big money move. It could bring back the one-club-players of old a la ryan giggs.

A salary cap in the championship will help clubs who drop to league one, but it won't IMO close the gap with the Premier league, more likely make the gap bigger, clubs being promoted will struggle to sign quality players due to the fact that should they go back down they'll most likely have to offload said players to come inline with any salary cap.

Unless a salary cap is implemented across the board it won't work, and I can't see the like of Manu and Chelsea etc being dictated as to who they can or cannot sign.

Quicker the big 6 or 7 **** off to Europe the better.

As long as its a % of income then I think it's fine. Parachute payments or bounce back money seems like a massive skew on fairness of a sallery cap, IMO not having parachute payments and having player contracts that reflect this is a much better idea.

There isn't a problem with fair competition in our league, anyone can match anyone relatively. They need to enforce this in the Premier League where competition is unfair!

It soon will be though when the bottom placed team in the premiership will get £60m in prize money!

It soon will be though when the bottom placed team in the Premier League will get £60m in prize money!

We're looking at a self-perpetuating Premier Leage where teams already in the Championship can never compete with those relegated the previous year. Effectively, it's about ending promotion and relegation by the back door.

I'm with redcityman. Give the top 6 the order of the Foxtrot Oscar and go back to the four divisions of the Football League.

Salary caps wont work full stop !

All that will happen is the player, or players wife will suddenly have a part-time job in the owners company, and will get paid that way instead.

I still think, banning advertising or a cap on advertising would bring finances in football to a more manageable level.

Archived