IGNORED

Greg Dyke

Voted as new FA chairman, another non football man to carry on the tradition of 'old farts' at the FA.

Greg Dyke became chairman of Brentford as part of the deal that saw their suppporters trust (aka Bees United) take over the football club. He has been a real supporter for yonks and when his club was in trouble stepped upto the plate along with loads of other fans. The fact that he'd been a well-regarded DG of the BBC made him an easy choice from a leadership and media point of view. Having stabilised the club, Bees United have sold to a wealthy supporter and are in a much improved position on the field and off the field are looking to move to a new ground at Lionel Road.

I would have thought that Greg Dyke was just the sort of fans' man for the FA and in no way deserving of the description you've seen fit to dump on him....

Greg Dyke became chairman of Brentford as part of the deal that saw their suppporters trust (aka Bees United) take over the football club. He has been a real supporter for yonks and when his club was in trouble stepped upto the plate along with loads of other fans. The fact that he'd been a well-regarded DG of the BBC made him an easy choice from a leadership and media point of view. Having stabilised the club, Bees United have sold to a wealthy supporter and are in a much improved position on the field and off the field are looking to move to a new ground at Lionel Road.

I would have thought that Greg Dyke was just the sort of fans' man for the FA and in no way deserving of the description you've seen fit to dump on him....

Time will tell and I for one will not be holding my breath, the FA is a joke institution and if he manages to change that, then I will be first to say well done, I will be able to do that because I didn't hold my breath.

PS:- What price SAF becoming the managers referee advisor?.

Dyke is a former Manu director and his no.2 at the FA is David Gill (ex Manu chairman) ummmmmmm......................................

The words 'former' and 'ex' are quite pertinent but you suggest that by being linked to football and two Man U connections there is a conflict of interest?

You say in a later post you will not 'hold your breath' the fact he has good football credentials which will bode well during his governance?

So let me get this straight... you don't like the fact he was involved with Man Utd but you will not hold your breath the fact he did some good at Brentford?

The words 'former' and 'ex' are quite pertinent but you suggest that by being linked to football and two Man U connections there is a conflict of interest?

You say in a later post you will not 'hold your breath' the fact he has good football credentials which will bode well during his governance?

So let me get this straight... you don't like the fact he was involved with Man Utd but you will not hold your breath the fact he did some good at Brentford?

I will try to explain it so as you can understand.

I do not think it is a good thing having 2 former Manu directors as the 2 most powerful men at the FA.

I will not hold my breath that he will change things for the better of the game. Heard it all before.

I don't understand the last sentence it dosen't really make sense, but i'll have a go, I don't like the fact that the 2 most powerful men at the FA have Manu connections (i'm sure I said that somewhere else) and I applaud him for his efforts at Brentford, but will not hold my breath that his appointment will change things at the FA (i'm sure I said that before as well).

Rather Dyke than that ball-bag Barry Hearn.

I'd love for Brooking to get it one day, and for articulate and knowledgable ex pros like David James aren't wasted in management and are used to help shape the game.

Agree with that, the problem is that even Brooking pretty much gave up and just towed the line after banging his head against the FA brick wall and I cannot see that changing anytime soon, for instance does anyone actually believe FIFA will change once Blatter dies?.

Agree with that, the problem is that even Brooking pretty much gave up and just towed the line after banging his head against the FA brick wall and I cannot see that changing anytime soon, for instance does anyone actually believe FIFA will change once Blatter dies?.

Nah. They'll stuff him and hire a ventriloquist.

Not a football man, like errr, Platini?

You or I could well be appointed in such a role, and everyone would say 'blah blah non football men' etc. Truth is he could be a down to earth fan with the same issues you and I have with the way our game is going. Who knows.

Archived