IGNORED

Brazil 2014

Robin101

Anyone thinking of going? What's your budget?

Two friends and I are thinking of going before university, we think we could do it for no more than £2500 - £3000. Anyone got anything to say about that figure ( realism wise)? Obviously would be a year of hard work, but it would be an amazing time.

It all depends on where you stay, The main city's will bump up prices, And if your only staying to watch England you would only be there for 3 weeks, Those figures look about right though

It's a dangerous place Brazil, I was thinking of going with mates but the pwopper nawty boys are a bit more nawty than the English ones

Which Brazilian rivalry was it where 8 or so people got shot?

It all depends on where you stay, The main city's will bump up prices, And if your only staying to watch England you would only be there for 3 weeks, Those figures look about right though

It's a dangerous place Brazil, I was thinking of going with mates but the pwopper nawty boys are a bit more nawty than the English ones

Ideally we'd like to travel a bit too. See the Amazon, maybe have a gander into Argentina. Honestly, not sure how bothered we'd be about following England. One friend is Scottish, and I'm just indifferent to the likes of Terry and Cole and Rooney. Tickets were surprisingly cheap at South Africa, so we'd probably look to see a couple group games, maybe a 16er and maybe a QF.

And, yeah. But apparently everyone was going to be mugged at SA and the Polish were all racists, but that didn't happen so... :)

I went to Brazil for 6 weeks in 2011 and i didn't feel threatened half as much as I do in places in England. A lot of the talk about it being dangerous isn't justified half the time; Obviously if you walk around the slums you're gonna find trouble but for the most part it's a really welcoming place with friendly citizens.

I went to Brazil for 6 weeks in 2011 and i didn't feel threatened half as much as I do in places in England. A lot of the talk about it being dangerous isn't justified half the time; Obviously if you walk around the slums you're gonna find trouble but for the most part it's a really welcoming place with friendly citizens.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did that cost you in total? And what kind of places were you sleeping in?

Yeah, I'm saying they take Football Violence to a different level, a couple of punches here, a couple of bullets over there

Two friends and I are thinking of going before university, we think we could do it for no more than £2500 - £3000. Anyone got anything to say about that figure ( realism wise)? Obviously would be a year of hard work, but it would be an amazing time.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did that cost you in total? And what kind of places were you sleeping in?

I was volunteering in Rio for a month so stayed with a host family.. Hostels and the like are very cheap however. I also went to the Amazon and did it all for around £3000. I guess they'll be bumping prices up for accommodation so you'll probably be looking at a similar price.. assuming you'r staying in Rio. Other host cities may be cheaper. If anyone has the money to go I would 100% recommend it, it really is paradise. I will if i can afford it but i'm only a poor student ;)

Wait for the press propaganda before this one

Probably be even more over hyped then South Africa and Poland and Ukraine

So boring

Yes there will be, but South Africa was outside of Football, In Brazil it is Football violence that would be talked about, Let's just say Brazil has a large percentage of Football Idiots who go to have a scrap in a park after

I have been to Brazil and specifically Rio several times as my wife is brazilian. So I will definitely be heading it for this one then and hopefully can give people an idea of what it might be like

The first thing I would say is that it will be expensive. Brazil and particualry Rio and Sao Paulo are expensive anyway, and am sure the prices of hostels and hotels will be increased several times for the world cup. The OP gave a budget of £2500 to £3000 which I think is doable, but won't allow for a great deal of travel. I understand that in this world cup teams aren't based in just 1 city so if you want to follow England (assuming we qualify) then you will be traveling lots. Brazil is a HUGE country so realistically that is likely to involve flying, which again will add up on cost.

A better bet might selecting one city to stay in and try and catch a game or two there. Rio would be the obvious choice but Salvador in the north is also worth a look. Either way, I would say if you're going it's worth looking at flights and hotels ASAP as the price will only increase.

I think it will be a fantastic world cup though and if you want to go to one of the next 3 this will be the one. The brazilians are absolutely crazy about football (they have a national holiday everytime Brazil play) so the country will be crazy for the month. Combine that with the climate, beaches, easygoing lifestyle, love of a good party and of course the women then all the ingredients are there for a great trip.

Of course, the stories about crime and danger will of course rear there head as we get closer. As long as you apply common sense then it's highly unlikely that you will get into any trouble. I will be surprised if there is any trouble with hooligans as whilst Brazil has a problem, it is very much inter-club and stays well away from the national team.

Can't wait for this one - going to be a belter!

Thinking about going down: knowing how pricey Rio is now, and how much prices get jacked for a World Cup I suspect that £3000 will prove to be optimistic.

I am heading to the Confed Cup for a week in June, so will hopefully have a better idea then as to how horrendous it will be on the wallet.

Archived