IGNORED

Adkins To Be Appointed Reading Fc Manager

Uncle Albert

Not sure to be honest.

I thought the whole idea of getting a new manager was that he could take the club further or do a better job than the previous manager!?

I think Adkins could do a good job but I would not say it's a great appointment. I can't see how he can take Reading any further than McDermott could on a small budget, but I could be wrong. Reading came above Southampton last season and Adkins had a bigger budget than McDermott.

I think it's a classic example of an owner panicking and sacking the manager without having a replacement lined up.

Not sure to be honest.

I thought the whole idea of getting a new manager was that he could take the club further or do a better job than the previous manager!?

I think it's a classic example of an owner panicking and sacking the manager without having a replacement lined up.

Completely agree with these points - don't think McDermott should have been sacked in the first place - but, as he's gone, I think they've got a very good replacement in Adkins.

Completely agree with these points - don't think McDermott should have been sacked in the first place - but, as he's gone, I think they've got a very good replacement in Adkins.

I can see Adkins doing a good job long term, but without a budget he won't do any better than McDermott I doubt.

He'll be gone 10 games into the championship next season. Poor appointment.

I think he will be fine in the Championship next season. He has a good enough track record in the lower leagues and appears capable of motivating teams. I assume he will have good resources behind him and I would expect them to be challenging at the top.

I would say the jury is out on his ability at Premier level, he has done well to stop Southampton fighting it out for bottom place all season but whether he could have done more to get and keep them further up the table I don't know. His signings never seemed very inspired.

He is the sort of manager you wouldn't mind being appointed to us, but would always wonder whether he was the best we could have got.

When I lived in Reading I said I'd never cross the street to see Reading FC play and I never did. I must have watched them thirty times in those three years.

They were Fourth Division in those days, but with ambitions to play football. I'd hate to see them broken by the attemopt to be a PL club (as have Portsmouth)..

Archived