IGNORED

Carey Out On Loan

glynriley

TBH we haven't really produced successful youth keepers in recent times, who's goalkeeper coach nowadays? We bought Phillips from Paulton and let's be honest, he never went on to better things, only other keeper I think made it was Wayne Brown, think he's retired now though but played for a fair few teams in his time

TBH we haven't really produced successful youth keepers in recent times, who's goalkeeper coach nowadays? We bought Phillips from Paulton and let's be honest, he never went on to better things, only other keeper I think made it was Wayne Brown, think he's retired now though but played for a fair few teams in his time

Nigel Spinks - ex Villa keeper!

Personally I think he’s too short to be a really successful league keeper. Back in the olden days, Mike Gibson (showing my age) had a good career even though he was only 5’10”. Today’s keepers are usually much taller.

Personally I think he’s too short to be a really successful league keeper. Back in the olden days, Mike Gibson (showing my age) had a good career even though he was only 5’10”. Today’s keepers are usually much taller.

Was Gibbo 5' 10" he always looked shorter than that to me.

It depends really. A lot of emphasis is put on height just so that a dominating presence is there on set pieces. But it's no good being tall, if you flap at the ball and are slow. I personally think 6.0-6.2 is the best height since you get the best of both - you have a certain amount of presence but also maintain a decent amount of natural agility and speed.

Archived