IGNORED

We Need To Keep Kelly.

Fuber

No question. We made the mistake (in my opinion) of not keeping Cisse tied down here, and with the impact of our apparent 'midfielders' at the moment, he's the only one beside Marv, with an ounce of defensive qualities. We need to get rid of Killa and Skuse if we go down to reduce the wage bill in my opinion anyway, Skuse'll want too much I reckon which is why I reckon there's no contract discussions (that's just me saying, judging by what we've heard), just wandered what everyone thinks we should do with our midfield?

Ie. try and get fees for the old crop e.g. Elliott, Skuse, and rebuild.

No question. We made the mistake (in my opinion) of not keeping Cisse tied down here, and with the impact of our apparent 'midfielders' at the moment, he's the only one beside Marv, with an ounce of defensive qualities. We need to get rid of Killa and Skuse if we go down to reduce the wage bill in my opinion anyway, Skuse'll want too much I reckon which is why I reckon there's no contract discussions (that's just me saying, judging by what we've heard), just wandered what everyone thinks we should do with our midfield?

Ie. try and get fees for the old crop e.g. Elliott, Skuse, and rebuild.

The Skuse lovers on this forum will have a go at you for dissing Skuse!!

I don't think Kelly is much of an upgrade on Skuse, but each to their own....

Already twice the player at 5 years his junior, and the reason we've been more organised (i.e does the job of 1 and a half people).

Baffling why he was dropped tonight!!

Already twice the player at 5 years his junior, and the reason we've been more organised (i.e does the job of 1 and a half people).

Baffling why he was dropped tonight!!

Totally agree H. I think Kelly will stay next season and we should build the midfield around him. I don't see any of the other midfielders on duty tonight being here next season , the possible exceptions being Anderson and Pearson.

Up until Jan teams ran through our midfield, then Kelly signs things get a lot better apart from when he was taken off against Barnsley who then ran through our midfield, tonight don't think we had a midfield.

As some don't think he's much better than we have already?

Build the midfield around him I say.

I feel he is being over rated somewhat. Don't get me wrong, he is a tidy player, but he is the latest in a long line of straw-clutchers favourites

Earlier in the season it was Cunningham, then Anderson, now Kelly

I refer you to Redtone's Post #9. Says it all.

+1...Bristol city? who signed him?????????????????????

That's a whole different box of cookies! On the whole, I don't think Del was given enough credit for his signings - yes he bought in crap (Foster, Wilson and Morris) but he also brought in Heaton, Cunningham, Anderson, Davies and Baldock as well as Kelly (add Bikey, Danny Wilson and Chris Wood to that) - the backbone of our team, the players that people actually want to stay with us next season. It's what he did with them that was so wrong.

Up until Jan teams ran through our midfield, then Kelly signs things get a lot better apart from when he was taken off against Barnsley who then ran through our midfield, tonight don't think we had a midfield.

As some don't think he's much better than we have already?

Build the midfield around him I say.

Correctemundo Tone.

As has been noted, he fulfills the Cisse role of breaking up the opposition's play.

Not a glamorous role, not one where you necessarily even get to play the ball much - but an essential one.

Archived