IGNORED

Just 3 Wins And 2 Draws Required

OldlandReddies

Where will these results come from?

Well, we've taken 8 points from our last 6 games. That was 3 homes and 3 aways.

We need 11 points from the next 6 games. This time it's 4 homes and 2 aways.

Still don't think it's the impossibility that some seem to be making out...

That said, 53 points might still not be enough of course...54 ideal for me.

Win Monday, beat Huddersfield, beat Bolton, draw v Birmingham and draw v Burnley. Job done.

oh yes and when they do that and buck the hell out of their recent away form, and my maths is still with you i hope that gives them 50 points + the 3 from Charlton that's 53 yes ?

so as i have said for a month now, name me 3 sides who will finish on less than 53.... its just not going to happen

Wolves possibly Peterboro maybe !

sheff wed and barnsley no chance not on their

form guide unless they collapse.

Dave Jones will keep Wednesday up for sure IMO

Hate to say it and looking at the forums its all been said

SOD needs to use the last few games to prepare a new team to get out of L1........ oh but he cant do that now either can he,. as they are all out on loan til the end of the season

form guide

Nottingham Forest (5) 8 6 1 1 16 6 10 2.00 0.75 2.37 19 wWWwwWDl 2 Bolton Wanderers (8) 8 5 2 1 12 6 6 1.50 0.75 2.12 17 lWWwWWdd 3 Barnsley (20) 8 5 1 2 16 14 2 2.00 1.75 2.00 16 WWdLlWww 4 Hull City (2) 8 5 0 3 15 13 2 1.87 1.62 1.87 15 LwlWlWWW 5 Brighton & Hove Albion (7) 8 4 2 2 12 5 7 1.50 0.62 1.75 14 WlldWWwD 6 Watford (3) 8 4 2 2 15 9 6 1.87 1.12 1.75 14 DlLWdWww 7 Birmingham City (10) 8 4 2 2 13 11 2 1.62 1.37 1.75 14 wwWDlwDL 8 Crystal Palace (4) 8 4 1 3 13 14 -1 1.62 1.75 1.62 13 LlDWwlWW 9 Peterborough United (22) 8 3 3 2 12 9 3 1.50 1.12 1.50 12 wdDDwlLw 10 Cardiff City (1) 8 3 3 2 9 8 1 1.12 1.00 1.50 12 wDDlwLWd 11 Sheffield Wednesday (21)

53 will be enough. That points tally would currently put us 10th ! 52 might even be ok.

Win Monday, beat Huddersfield, beat Bolton, draw v Birmingham and draw v Burnley. Job done.

Nice idea from the pair of you, but you both bank on gaining points at Burnley.

We have taken one point in seven away matches since the change in management, and as yet, we haven't scored.

Whilst I admire your Optimism/Blind Faith, but why, with our current away form, do you believe we can get points at Burnley?

Nice idea from the pair of you, but you both bank on gaining points at Burnley.

We have taken one point in seven away matches since the change in management, and as yet, we haven't scored.

Whilst I admire your Optimism/Blind Faith, but why, with our current away form, do you believe we can get points at Burnley?

A point at Burnley. Kelly back in for starters and one up front. We got a point at Blackpool...

People saying we will definitely lose at Burnley since we've drawn 1 of our last 7 away. Well using that logic i'd say there's no reason we can't win all of home games since we've won 5 out of 6 at AG.

That would keep us in with a chance going into the Charlton game - a team with the worst home record in the league.

It's a tough ask, but it's by no means over just yet.

Sorry the "never give up" fans but here are the facts:

We're bottom of the League, 3 points off of the two other relegation teams who both have a game in hand on us, we're 4 points off safety but the two teams bottom of the safety zone have 2 games in hand over us!

Our last away win was 20 games ago and the last 10 away games look like so: DLLLLLLDLL

In other words we've taken 2 points from our last 10 away games and now we need to get the same amount of away points in our last 3 away fixtures...

Whilst I'd like to be one of these "we're not down yet" fans we have the truth is if I were I'd only be setting myself up for a horrible disappointment at the end of the season, or more likely much earlier than that. We have 4 home games left and in my eyes we need to win every single one of those to even stand a chance.

If you look at the teams in 18th and lower and then look at the points they've taken from the last 10 games and how many points they are currently on:

Huddersfield - Last ten games: 14 - Current points: 47

Ipswich - Last ten games:12 - Current points: 46

Barnsley - Last ten games:20 - Current points: 44

Sheff Wed - Last ten games:15 - Current points: 43

Peterborough - Last ten games:16 - Current points: 42

Wolves - Last ten games:9 - Current points: 42

Bristol City - Last ten games:11 - Current points: 39

You only need to look at that to see the only team who have earned less points than us are the team who beat us not so long ago.

If someone can show me a statistic or a reason that would persuade a non Bristol City fan that we won't go down I challenge you to do it. There are 7 games left and last nights result has left us in a position of almost certain relegation as it's dented confidence, it's a big loss to a mid table team, it's left us further behind than we've been in a long time with other teams having a lot of potential to pull away etc

I really want us to survive and I've enjoyed the home wins but we've finally hit a point where winning every home game is our only option and changing our away from is also our only option and based on performance I can't see it.

We're still too weak in the CB department, we're still to weak in the middle of the midfield and our strikers aren't on fire either, add to this poor form, dire away form and a gaping divide between us and the rest of the pack and it's plain to see we're obviously the team going down sooner rather than later. I personally think it's time to start getting the younger players some proper experience in and start preparing for next season in League One. Get rid of the dead wood (which we never seem to do), bring in some exciting new players who are not a waste of money, get the youth involved and strengthen our weak areas.

It isn't an impossibility, it's just difficult. 53 points will definitely be enough,

If we keep winning at home and can pick up just one result on the road we're very close.

It's all in your outlook really.

This is a surreal shot in the dark................but an argument for us to win away and possibly stay up........it is not a stat....BUT Two results from yesterday Leicester 0 Millwall 1 & C Palace 0 Brum 4 show that the Championship is totally unpredictable and anything can happen...........(Oh Balls.....except City Scoring away......forgot that!)

It isn't an impossibility, it's just difficult. 53 points will definitely be enough,

If we keep winning at home and can pick up just one result on the road we're very close.

It's all in your outlook really.

And if the teams around us keep picking up points at their current rate? We are relying on them now. It is not in our own hands anymore unfortunately

And if the teams around us keep picking up points at their current rate? We are relying on them now. It is not in our own hands anymore unfortunately

Then the teams just above will not be picking up many points at all. Not everybody can win. It's the nature of a league....

It is definitely in our hands.

Then the teams just above will not be picking up many points at all. Not everybody can win. It's the nature of a league....

I agree, but the ones in most danger are on great form. Those further up need only pick up a win and some draws.

We need to win all our home games and start rattling in some goals. The goal difference could be important.

I can't see us doing it purely because of away form. Fair play if we do. But I am starting to think if they scrape over the line, those that have performed poorly over the years have a good chance of staying. In some warped way I am thinking relegation would be the ideal chance to wipe the dross out of the club, and rebuild in the way SL wants, a team of under 24's. Relegation would give us the ideal opportunity.

I am in two minds with this, relegation is never good, especially with the financial situation. But it would give a chance to restructure and rebuild.

If the results went against us today and we become 7 points behind the pack. There will still be deluded people on here thinking we will stay up on the '51' points theory! I know we don't want to accept the fact that we're down. But we are, all these people who think we'll achieve championship status next season. Go to the bookies and place a £50 bet that we will stay up. Deep down, there isn't one person who will do this.

We're bottom of the League, 3 points off of the two other relegation teams who both have a game in hand on us, we're 4 points off safety but the two teams bottom of the safety zone have 2 games in hand over us!

This is the big thing for me. I'd say we need a minimum of 13 points but will more likely need to win 5 of our remaining 7. That's all of the home games and then 1 of Burnley, Hull and Charlton. A tall order indeed! I will be very, very surprised if we stay up now but it's not over until it's over and we have to believe. 3 points on Monday is an absolute must.

I'm fed up with everyone who doesn't 'believe' being labelled as negative. Ok we aren't relegated right now,but surely there is a time when it becomes more likely this will happen than not. That's not being negative, but realistic isn't it.

We have been bottom or there abouts for the majority of the season, under 2 different management teams and with various players. This isn't an accident or unlucky. Harsh but true but we are where we deserve to be.

Obviously I hope the football Gods will smile on us again. But if we have to go down it will happen sooner rather than later. I don't want for us to be at Charlton relying on others to stuff up, only for someone else to equalise in the 96th minute to send us down. Relegation soon will at least give us a chance to target signings and make plans for the future early.

The fat lady isn't singing but she's taking a breath, she's already cleared her throat for sure.

I'm fed up with everyone who doesn't 'believe' being labelled as negative. Ok we aren't relegated right now,but surely there is a time when it becomes more likely this will happen than not. That's not being negative, but realistic isn't it.

We have been bottom or there abouts for the majority of the season, under 2 different management teams and with various players. This isn't an accident or unlucky. Harsh but true but we are where we deserve to be.

Obviously I hope the football Gods will smile on us again. But if we have to go down it will happen sooner rather than later. I don't want for us to be at Charlton relying on others to stuff up, only for someone else to equalise in the 96th minute to send us down. Relegation soon will at least give us a chance to target signings and make plans for the future early.

The fat lady isn't singing but she's taking a breath, she's already cleared her throat for sure.

I agree , it's great to have the optimisic outlook and think we will be ok , but sadly , the inevitable is staring us full in the face.

It's a bit like watching your house burn down but hoping your brand new 50 inch plasma TV will survive unscathed.

It's not about the results we could achieve it's about the belief we can win on the field, last night was another nail, some were foolish anough to believe we could actually win, and yet in the second minute the cut through our defence, truth is we are just not good enough, not enough quality to stay up. No loan deals to spark the team before the close, I feel the club have accepted our fate, where is the rallying call from the Generals, where is Captain Marvel on the pitch, where is the fight?

We are pussies.....

There was plenty of fight last night especially in the first half. Heatons penalty stop, Marvs brilliant last ditch tackle and Tango's fantastic sliding tackle in the box. Not to mention the 2 off the line clearences. Trouble is, away we just cant produce the same quality as at home.

Whats reckon today nibor. Lose or draw on Monday and I think we can definitely pack our case.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion but please can you stop saying we can stay up. It's very irritating because we are definitely going down. If we stay up I will show Gary Johnson's bare backside in Burton's shop window.

Hehe beats me saying we would be relegated at the start of the season. I've kept that up for most of the season. Stick to your guns until the bitter end.

Archived