IGNORED

Hands Up Who Thinks We Will Win Our Remaining Home Games ?

OldlandReddies

Why not ? Our 6 games at the Gate under SOD against some very strong sides have resulted in 16 points out of 18 (5 wins and a draw), 13 goals scored, just 4 against and 4 cleans sheets. Surely that must be the best run of home form from any side in the Championship over the last 6 games ? Who's to say we cant carry on and win our last 4 to set up a grandstand finish away to Charlton in front of a sell-out away end ? COYR's !!!!!!!

If we win tomorrow then it might be on, but still a long shot, especially with Brum coming down, but away to Charlton given their bad home record, now that would be interesting.

Agree. Brum will be tough. Their away record is very good. But that is the 3rd game. Must win tomorrow first then move on to Bolton who have a dreadful points tally on their travels. Fingers crossed !

Why not ? Our 6 games at the Gate under SOD against some very strong sides have resulted in 16 points out of 18 (5 wins and a draw), 13 goals scored, just 4 against and 4 cleans sheets. Surely that must be the best run of home form from any side in the Championship over the last 6 games ? Who's to say we cant carry on and win our last 4 to set up a grandstand finish away to Charlton in front of a sell-out away end ? COYR's !!!!!!!

If we do win our last 4 at home SOD's record will read P10 W9 D1 L0 - 28 points from 30.

That would (probably) be over 50% of our points total for the season ! You'd have to feel for the guy if that was the case.

If we do win our last 4 at home SOD's record will read P10 W9 D1 L0 - 28 points from 30.

That would (probably) be over 50% of our points total for the season ! You'd have to feel for the guy if that was the case.

Possibly a great record yes, but i cant yet proclaim SOD as the king until he changes a dire philosophy away from home. The away form could look the exact opposite of the home in his time in charge. Woeful tactics away from home, playing not to lose, rather than to win. No wonder we cant get anything away!! You cant tell me Posh and Barnsley are better than us but they arent scared to play away from home, and also win. They clearly know only wins away, plus at home, can get them clear. Perhaps our experienced manager who doesnt look at the table, needs to have a last ditch rethink!!!!

Possibly a great record yes, but i cant yet proclaim SOD as the king until he changes a dire philosophy away from home. The away form could look the exact opposite of the home in his time in charge. Woeful tactics away from home, playing not to lose, rather than to win. No wonder we cant get anything away!! You cant tell me Posh and Barnsley are better than us but they arent scared to play away from home, and also win. They clearly know only wins away, plus at home, can get them clear. Perhaps our experienced manager who doesnt look at the table, needs to have a last ditch rethink!!!!

I agree. I'm not saying he's some sort of messiah , just that , if we win our last 4 at home and go down , it's a pretty remarkable statistic that he would have claimed over half of our points tally in 10 consecutive home games.

He's still got a bit more to do to convince me he's everything that others believe him to be , but he's here now , and will get a huge opportunity in the summer to start to build a squad in his own image and he should receive all our support.

And do you honestly believe he doesn't know where we are the table?

I agree. I'm not saying he's some sort of messiah , just that , if we win our last 4 at home and go down , it's a pretty remarkable statistic that he would have claimed over half of our points tally in 10 consecutive home games.

He's still got a bit more to do to convince me he's everything that others believe him to be , but he's here now , and will get a huge opportunity in the summer to start to build a squad in his own image and he should receive all our support.

And do you honestly believe he doesn't know where we are the table?

Ofcourse he knows!!! It just p1sses me off when he says when asked- 'no point, dont bother looking, no idea where we are' etc. he knows damn well and i dont see it as some psychological sh1te trying to make things better than they are.

Im more confident we now have an experienced manager, whatever league we are in next season.

I dont however get his terminology and logic.

I think we'll lose most of our current crop/crap ( hopefully ) and be massively reliant on kids next year. Unfortunately i think top half in league one next year will be a massive 'achievement'!! I HATE LEAGUE ONE!!!!

Ofcourse he knows!!! It just p1sses me off when he says when asked- 'no point, dont bother looking, no idea where we are' etc. he knows damn well and i dont see it as some psychological sh1te trying to make things better than they are.

Im more confident we now have an experienced manager, whatever league we are in next season.

I dont however get his terminology and logic.

I think we'll lose most of our current crop/crap ( hopefully ) and be massively reliant on kids next year. Unfortunately i think top half in league one next year will be a massive 'achievement'!! I HATE LEAGUE ONE!!!!

You're hidng it well though !!!

I don't think we'll be massively reliant on kids. We'll have a few come through (and about time) but we'll still have a good few of the current squad available , and hopefully , we'll be an attractive draw for any decent prospects from that level or below. A decent mixture of youth and experience is how I see the squad evolving over the next couple of seasons.

Archived