IGNORED

Almost A Relief?

BS4 on Tour...

So, i've been home from The Gate for a couple of hours now, and i can now reflect properly on what has happened.

I found myself howling for two penalties today and berating the ref and linesman almost non stop for the injustice of us not winning at home when elsewhere Barnsley and Wolves were lapping up the pressure and doing their fans proud.

So i stomped out of the ground and went home to sulk because i hadn't given up on us being a championship side next season until today.

And it has almost come as a relief! I can now relax and not be as tense as i have been at the remaining games.

Football is cyclical, we've had our time in the championship, for now, and of course we'll be back.

Our 8,000 to 12,000 loyal core of supporters will remain in league one, we must re-group, keep our two current full backs along with Kelly and Taylor and build a side of youngsters keen to prove themselves and take us forward again.

Yes it is very very disappointing, but to me the performances at home against Blackburn, Burnley, Wolves and Leicester are the reason we are going down. We conceded 17 goals in those games and were just shocking. Confidence was shot and the slight revival under SO'D was just not enough.

But, there you go, we are still here, we are supportimg a great club and we will take this on the chin and move on.

Clubs like Southampton, Man City, Charlton, Leicester, Sheff Wed and Norwich have sunk to the 3rd level and returned stronger and we just have to keep on keeping on and believe we will do the same?

I mean, what else would you do on a saturday??!

Keep smiling all, BETTER RED THAN GREEN WITH ENVY.....!

Archived