IGNORED

Sod Too Defensive?

Lew-T

Do you reckon SOD played it safe today by playing the players he did in midfield? Kelly, Skuse, Elliot and Pearson are players who break up play and battle hard. There was no sign of creativity in the team today and with two strikers up top it seemed quite pointless.

I didn't go today but I would of liked to have seen Albert and Ando play personally. Was there chances created? Because it seemed like a very defensive line up!

Do you reckon SOD played it safe today by playing the players he did in midfield? Kelly, Skuse, Elliot and Pearson are players who break up play and battle hard. There was no sign of creativity in the team today and with two strikers up top it seemed quite pointless.

I didn't go today but I would of liked to have seen Albert and Ando play personally. Was there chances created? Because it seemed like a very defensive line up!

we still created enough chances to have won the game comfortably lew

we didn't play that bad and apart from their goal cant remember any other shots from weds

My guess is that he has started by trying to make us hard to beat, by making the midfield competitive. Was I assume concerned early doors with teams running through us, and Albert makes that more rather than less likely in my view.

Is playing an imperfect hand as best as he knows.

For me, he does now need to take a few risks - may as well lose as draw here on in, and we need to forgive if it all goes pear shape, understanding he is just rolling the dice!

I don't often blame the officials for a result but this was one case where I do.

The penalty decision was as bad as I've ever seen and the players' heads went down. Maybe Cunningham should have decked the ref - then at least the decision would have been looked at ;)

I don't often blame the officials for a result but this was one case where I do.

The penalty decision was as bad as I've ever seen and the players' heads went down. Maybe Cunningham should have decked the ref - then at least the decision would have been looked at ;)

I would usually agree Aizoon, but then I would counter that by saying we shouldn't have given away such a terrible goal and had to play catch up.

It was a disgracefully bad decision though and sums up our lack of luck.

Too defensive, yes. This was a very winnable match which SoD should have earmarked.

When Killa did eventually came on he did more in 5 minutes going forward than our midfield did in tgd previous 55 minutes.

Today was the first time I questioned SoD's tactics.

Playing Elliott, Kelly & Skuse together will never win you matches.

Baldock was making runs gagging for the ball which never came because Skuse kept delaying the pass, and asking Albert to play on the left, what's that all about?!?!?

We should have been 3-0 up before Wed had their goal and also a def pen for us. No one would have said it was too defensive then. Missed chances cost us the game not defensive tactics. I noticed we kept 2 up when defending corners too. first time I,ve seen that from us for many a year.

Archived