IGNORED

Hope The Guy Is Ok - And Get Well Soon

M_Porter

Shocking stuff really and brings football back into perspective !

I know we all like a bit of banter etc but stabbing someone, and as far as the old bill are aware they wern't even Luton fans just some slags out for a ruck ...REALLY !

Get well soon FOOTBALL FAN

A football fan has been stabbed and another taken to hospital after their coach was attacked.

The two men were among five bus-loads of supporters who had travelled to see Kidderminster Harriers in their non-league away fixture against Luton Town.

Bedfordshire Police said an argument broke out between "local residents" and the Kidderminster supporters in the rear coach.

It happened as the coaches queued in traffic about a mile from the ground.

'Attack deplored'

The argument occurred after the game ended as the vehicles were leaving Luton on the return journey, police said.

"It led to the coach being attacked," said a police spokesman. "Then some of the supporters got off to remonstrate and a fight ensued.

"Two Kidderminster fans are being treated in hospital for non life-threatening injuries, although one was stabbed twice."

A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service confirmed it had taken two men to hospital at about 17:30 BST.

Four local men have been arrested and a police presence remains in the area where the violence broke out in Dunstable Street near the Mansfield Road junction.

Police said the attackers did not appear to have any connection to Luton Town.

Steve Millington, chairman of the Kidderminster Harriers Independent Supporters Trust, said: "We deplore the attack on the coach. This shouldn't happen in football or in society in general.

"We're pleased to hear the injuries to the lad who was stabbed are not thought to be life-threatening and wish both those who were taken to hospital a speedy recovery."

Kidderminster won the Conference Premier fixture 2-1, leaving them top of the table.

• Admin

Only a guess, but knowing the area I would imagine the bus got stuck in traffic and a few loudmouths started some racial rubbish to which the locals took umbridge!

As I say, haven't a clue, BUT seems like the obvious scenario.

To be fair, that was exactly my initial thought.

The area around Luton's ground is very ethnic, we've all seen the gestures between people on the streets to those on a coach and in return. If it had not been football related expect this story would have struggled to even make the local Luton news

Unless you want a kebab or a taxi !

Even one of the best pubs on the footie circuit The Two Brewers has closed (according to Google Maps) , therefore no reason to ever go there again !

The Bricklayer's Arms always has decent real ales, with an above average curry house just up the road, but agreed the place is a dump!

Luton has to be the worst place in the UK I've had the misfortune of visiting.

I remember going there some years ago for a City game, probably around 2002. We parked on a residential side street near the ground which was obviously a very ethnic area. The vast majority of the front doors had swastikas sprayed on them.

Total hole which I have no desire to ever go back to.

Archived