IGNORED

Kelly's Signing

Swindon8er

The signing of Liam Kelly has shown once again how clueless Mcinnes was, we really needed an attacking midfielder, box to box goalscoring midfielder and I think most of us thought this was what we were getting when Liam signed, turns out he is the complete opposite to that, I'm not saying I don't rate Kelly, he's solid and it looks like we might have missed him at Derby, but what another clueless signing by Mcinnes as he's very siimilar to Skuse and even Elliot, can tackle, gets stuck in but can't pass a football forward and will be lucky to score more than 2 in a season!

I disagree, sorry!

Whilst I thought he was fairly poor yesterday, I think that Kelly is a good example of the type of player that we want at AG and he should be the type that we try to build our team around, together with the likes of Cunningham & Maloney in our attempts to bounce back stronger.

Must say that this attacking or creative midfielder all want so much isn't going to just appear!

How many of these players are out there and available/willing to come to us?

Please don't say Akos B..... he had a chance and he ****** that up. Doubt we'll be chasing his agent again.

The signing of Liam Kelly has shown once again how clueless Mcinnes was, we really needed an attacking midfielder, box to box goalscoring midfielder and I think most of us thought this was what we were getting when Liam signed, turns out he is the complete opposite to that, I'm not saying I don't rate Kelly, he's solid and it looks like we might have missed him at Derby, but what another clueless signing by Mcinnes as he's very siimilar to Skuse and even Elliot, can tackle, gets stuck in but can't pass a football forward and will be lucky to score more than 2 in a season!

Absolutely stupid point. Even IF we agree he is similar to Skuse, Skuse is out of contract at the end of this season and seemingly on his way. So the signing of Kelly would then be contingency planning. Before Elliot comes into the fold lets not forget for a long while he was a very poor performer and not so long ago on here he was considered like an old dog that you haven't the heart to put down.

So, to summarise if he is similar to these two, given we have lost Cisse and looked at the time likely to lose Skuse and Elliot it was a shrewd signing of a young and cheap player and far from clueless.

Archived