IGNORED

Jon Stead

Uncle Albert

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/20130402-steadtorun10k-749746.aspx - he is an absolute credit to this club.

I said this yesterday, but I hope to god we offer him a contract and I hope he takes it. Whilst he doesn't score many, he's exactly the sort of player Baldock will thrive off, and I'm sure him and Davies could strike up a good partnership too, given time.

If he doesn't stay, what a shame - he'd be the first player (and maybe only + Heaton) I'd offer a new contract to.

His attitude on and off the pitch is nothing short of perfect; genuinely gives a monkeys about this club. He is a player every aspiring footballer should look up to.

He's a real top bloke. When the rest of the players are lagging and sometimes don't look like they care, he is always putting in 110% he works his socks off on the pitch. Off the pitch I have let him a couple of times and is always friendly and says hello. Although he did look a bit scared when I said hello to him once with my baby daughter in my arms... I think he thought I was going to ask him to hold her for a pic :laugh: top bloke

As soon as he got injured and was out for the rest of the season, this pretty much in my view confirmed our relagation.

Nobody capable of holding the ball up top and playing the lone stricker role.

keep him at the club, quality player and person.

Class player who has come into his own over the last two seasons , and I cannot think of a city player who has shown such true grit and determination in the last five years (excluding Carey)...

Fingers crossed he will stay but if he leaves he will be another name added to the Legends list.....

Stead keeps on getting praise threads, and to some extent they're justified.

Being a nice bloke and a trier only counts for so much though.

The facts are he hasn't completed 30 apps. in any of his 3 seasons here and he's scored 5 goals this season and just 6 last year.

For any other striker those figures would be unacceptable to most fans.

I agree he's a good character to have about the club, but when we go down City will be making probably the severest squad and wage cuts ever.

He's a high earner so his popularity amongst the fans isn't going to be a factor as to whether he's offered a new contract or not, and if he is he'll no doubt have to contemplate a very significant reduction in wages.

Top Man and an underrated player wherever he has been IMHO. Not sure of the goals/games ratio but the intelligent running off the ball alone is more than enough to ensure there will be many clubs looking at him if "when" we go down. Wish the guy all the best - a true gent from what I have seen.

In the few games I've managed to get to this season he has been the inspiration behind the wins (yesterdays game was the first game we've played and not won that I've seen this season). He may not score as many as we would like but its the other players he brings into the game that counts. Opposition defenders know he can be dangerous on his day and always seem to stick at least two players on him, leaving space for Albert and Davies. He would definitely be the first player I would offer a new contract to, albeit on a reduced League 1 wage, and not just for being "a nice bloke". Problem is, he could do a job for most Championship clubs and I have a feeling that that's where he will stay, which will definitely be our loss. I honestly believe that a front two of Stead and Davies, with Baldock playing behind the two (providing we can keep all three)would rip most League 1 defences a new one.

Care to expand?

Sure, he's part of the squad that's got hammered most season, just like last season. His goal ratio for a forward is terrible and I feel that the majority of the 1st team regulars have let us down badly again. Couldn't give 2 hoots if he was moved on to be honest. Time for some fresh blood and being out of contract I'd imagine he will be one of the 1st to go.....

Take out his last 4/5 appearances and he looked like a novice for most of this season.

The O'Driscoll effect. Focussed Jon on doing what he's best at.

You have to say, he never gives less than 100%.

I'm in the Steady = top bloke camp, in case you haven't guessed!

Stead keeps on getting praise threads, and to some extent they're justified.

Being a nice bloke and a trier only counts for so much though.

The facts are he hasn't completed 30 apps. in any of his 3 seasons here and he's scored 5 goals this season and just 6 last year.

For any other striker those figures would be unacceptable to most fans.

I agree he's a good character to have about the club, but when we go down City will be making probably the severest squad and wage cuts ever.

He's a high earner so his popularity amongst the fans isn't going to be a factor as to whether he's offered a new contract or not, and if he is he'll no doubt have to contemplate a very significant reduction in wages.

Only seven players have made more league appearances than Stead this season and he plays in a position where he's likely to take a lot of punishment.

Only seven players have made more league appearances than Stead this season and he plays in a position where he's likely to take a lot of punishment.

He's been in and out of the team the whole time he's been here.

Not all due to injury by any means, he's actually been left out for lack of form several times, although he has of course had other notable periods when he's been at the top of his game and very effective.

Inconsistent over a season, not many goals, but a popular trier, and it's a similar picture throughout his career at most of his many clubs.

Nevertheless, I'l be more than happy if he's offered a new contract and decides to stay provided it's on the markedly reduced wages the club will be limited to offering him after relegation.

I suspect he'll probably move on though.

Inconsistent over a season, not many goals, but a popular trier, and it's a similar picture throughout his career at most of his many clubs.

According to Wikipedia *ahem*, he's scored 20 goals in 77 appearances for us - better than 1 in 4. Not as bad as I - and probably most others - thought..

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/20130402-steadtorun10k-749746.aspx - he is an absolute credit to this club.

I said this yesterday, but I hope to god we offer him a contract and I hope he takes it. Whilst he doesn't score many, he's exactly the sort of player Baldock will thrive off, and I'm sure him and Davies could strike up a good partnership too, given time.

If he doesn't stay, what a shame - he'd be the first player (and maybe only + Heaton) I'd offer a new contract to.

His attitude on and off the pitch is nothing short of perfect; genuinely gives a monkeys about this club. He is a player every aspiring footballer should look up to.

Top player and top man.Hope he stays.

According to Wikipedia *ahem*, he's scored 20 goals in 77 appearances for us - better than 1 in 4. Not as bad as I - and probably most others - thought..

Not quite, City site:

82 full apps, plus 18 sub, 20 goals. Including cup games.

League 78 apps.

Over 3 seasons he's not been in the starting line up in over 50 games.

as much as I like Stead and think he's a good assist and a good player for the club I wouldn't offer him a new contract for the following reasons,

He's the wrong side of 30 now we need to be bring Krans through to replace him

He's on too much money

He's too injury prone,

Good player for the club lots of fond memorys of him he's never not given 100% but Thanks Jon all the best for the future

as much as I like Stead and think he's a good assist and a good player for the club I wouldn't offer him a new contract for the following reasons,

He's the wrong side of 30 now we need to be bring Krans through to replace him

He's on too much money

He's too injury prone,

Good player for the club lots of fond memorys of him he's never not given 100% but Thanks Jon all the best for the future

I'd like him to accept a 2 year deal. Help the younger lads around the place, plus SOD has taken to him.

Stead has moved about a lot in his career but has finally settled with us, we could do with a lot worse up front.

Don't know if he would want to play for us if we are in L1 next season though.

I'd like him to accept a 2 year deal. Help the younger lads around the place, plus SOD has taken to him.

Stead has moved about a lot in his career but has finally settled with us, we could do with a lot worse up front.

only if he accepts somthing at around say 3k a week imo

He's always been a nomad, there's really no reason for that to change now.

Good bloke and seems to settle into clubs quickly, but let's not forget he came to City, instead of then PL Blackpool, because City offered him higher wages.

He'll almost certainly go for the best deal again, and in the very unlikely event City offer that he'll no doubt be content to stay with us in Div.1.

He's always been a nomad, there's really no reason for that to change now.

Good bloke and seems to settle into clubs quickly, but let's not forget he came to City, instead of then PL Blackpool, because City offered him higher wages.

I thought that was Pitman?

http://www.footballfancast.com/football-news/brett-pitman-explains-blackpool-snub#blog_item_70229

Stead is a top player, but I think he will be gone...

Archived