IGNORED

Half Time Free Blackthorn Penalty Competition

Fiale

Just wondering what peoples thoughts were on this...

You are 1-0 up on a fellow supporter, and are told that if you draw you will both win a years worth of Blackthorn - your next up... Do you

- Try to score and win so your fellow supporter gets nothing

- Accidentally perform a feeble penalty enabling your fellow supporter a chance to score so your both get the price ?

Is this a age thing, or something, just we were a little surprised that someone would screw someone out of something for no real reason.

You would sky the penalty and share the prize. Why did this not happen?

Don't know - he either did not understand what he was told, did not care, or got lost in the moment of wanting to score past a female GK.... I'd have missed, in a way it was obvious that I meant to (save a bit of face) - just interested in what others would have done if they had been in the half time contest.

I think what you have to understand is it is all about being organised rather than the result. If the penalty taker had worried about the result then he might have missed and both of them would have had a year's supply of Blackthorn. But no, he was disciplined and organised and concentrating on the job in hand - which was to score a penalty. He did that despite the distraction of being told that he could share the prize. He had come on to the pitch to score penalties and that is what he did and we should praise him for that...in fact it would have been good to have a little meeting about it after the penalty competition was over so he could take the lessons learned through to next time he has a chance to win some Blackthorn.

I think what you have to understand is it is all about being organised rather than the result. If the penalty taker had worried about the result then he might have missed and both of them would have had a year's supply of Blackthorn. But no, he was disciplined and organised and concentrating on the job in hand - which was to score a penalty. He did that despite the distraction of being told that he could share the prize. He had come on to the pitch to score penalties and that is what he did and we should praise him for that...in fact it would have been good to have a little meeting about it after the penalty competition was over so he could take the lessons learned through to next time he has a chance to win some Blackthorn.

:clapping:

You're O'Driscoll, aren't you? Cracking parody ;)

i thought it was funny when they announced the prize

1. A signed city shirt - Nobody batted and eyelid and carried on with their half time tooings and froings

AND

2. A years worth of Cider - suddenly everyone around me stood up to get a view of what was clearly the most monumental moment of these mens lives

Archived