IGNORED

Has Steve Lansdown Been Good For Bristol City?

bristolcity1981

Depends on what we want to achieve as a football club. If we are content with being bottom of the Championship and to be relegated yep he's been just fine, but if not then he has failed.

With all his wealth I would have thought we should be knocking on the door of the Prem, not playing in the 3rd Division, distinct lack of ambition if you ask me, and a distinct lack of football knowledge too The Board is a is lame duck with I am afraid, and as far as having any football business nous then it is apparent they do not possess any of that. To not put Del out of his misery sooner shows weakness and probably is the main reason we are going down.

It seems to have gone Pete Tong when Steve did a runner.

I hear you but we are now bigger and attract 13K crowds when in the crap. They will not get much bigger though you would think that they are prem bound the way they go on. When I was a kid we used to have Glos cup every season and we would often have more at the old Eastville than they had. My Dad used to tell me about the old days and his comment was that we have always had the bigger crowds and support. No amount of dreaming will change that. We will bounce back pun intended. Just a bad couple of seasons that will be lessons learned.

We attract 13k at the moment but next season in League one I think we may be attracting quite a lot less, especially if we don't hit the ground running. Then take into consideration that we have to reduce our wages considerably or face a transfer embargo, I can't see our gates staying strong when we're in a real fix in league one.

All in all thinking just because things aren't that bad yet means they'll never get that bad is exactly how you see teams like Blackburn go from being Premier League to a crumbling Championship team or maybe worse. Over confidence is a killer, maybe more so than a lack of confidence as when you lack confidence you can surprise yourself and turn the tide, over confidence usually ends with egg on your face.

We'd be totally and utterly screwed without him. At least as bad as the sags.

On what basis? The club was a L1 club when he bought it and hadn't been in the lowest league for years, and not £45m in the red

The club are a now L1 club hemorrhaging millions. SL is responsible for adding worrying amounts of debt and is now actively persuing a stadium developement policy that he previously said was untenable.

The club at the moment is no better off than when he took over.

All in all thinking just because things aren't that bad yet means they'll never get that bad is exactly how you see teams like Blackburn go from being Premier League to a crumbling Championship team or maybe worse. Over confidence is a killer, maybe more so than a lack of confidence as when you lack confidence you can surprise yourself and turn the tide, over confidence usually ends with egg on your face.

Yeah but over suprise is a killer too because if you have too much over under confidence then you could lack some under over confidence and that could suprise you too, perhaps you could become under confident when you should be suprised.

you compleat ****

A year and a half of pent up anger and with 3 words you spell one wrong, you fail to put a capital letter on another and swear with the last one.

You really have to ask yourself, was it worth trawling pages back for, for that kind of input?

Not yet.

To answer the OP.

1) Where are we now compared with when he took over as Chairman? 

2) Where are we going in the short / medium term compared with when he took over?

3) What has happened whilst he has been Chairman?

Answers:-

1) Higher up division 3

2) Looks like upwards for sure

3) Almost into the Premier League.

Good job Steve.

:chant6ez:

TFR

He's a top man, I'm not having some retard keyboard warrior calling him a ****. The post from 18 months ago was information given to him by a credible source. IMHO SL has redeemed his self this year.

Does your mate feel the same way as you ? If so, it would be nice if he could come on here now and say so. Otherwise, a 2014 update on why we are doomed may be in order.

Archived