IGNORED

Glastonbury

internetjef

Hello cider manc, must admit i know very little by nic cave. seems a bit of a cult listen?

any tips for a route in? some kind of greatest hits or a particular album?

It's difficult to know where to start tbh. I don't think I have ever come across such a diverse artist as Nick Cave and suggesting the wrong one could make you not want to listen any further, something I wouldn't want to be responsible for!

For this reason I would suggest giving a greatest hits album a go.

My favourite Bad Seeds album is The boatman's call and the very reason for this is because it is completely different to anything they had done before (less punky.... more piano!!) and this was their tenth album! So if I was to stick my neck out it would be for this one- but be warned it is not everyone's cup of tea.

Hello cider manc, must admit i know very little by nic cave. seems a bit of a cult listen?

Congrats mate. I will raise a cider for you!

It's difficult to know where to start tbh. I don't think I have ever come across such a diverse artist as Nick Cave and suggesting the wrong one could make you not want to listen any further, something I wouldn't want to be responsible for!

For this reason I would suggest giving a greatest hits album a go.

My favourite Bad Seeds album is The boatman's call and the very reason for this is because it is completely different to anything they had done before (less punky.... more piano!!) and this was their tenth album! So if I was to stick my neck out it would be for this one- but be warned it is not everyone's cup of tea.

Congrats mate. I will raise a cider for you!

Nice on fella, I will give the greatest hits a whirl at some point then and see how I get on with it

• Admin

The only problem I have with events like Glastonbury is that you have to buy tickets before you know who's going to be there, I wouldn't like take the risk of paying £200 and only liking 2 or 3 acts, When money is on the line I don't play risky!

True, but for Glastonbury the music is so diverse that you will always find someone you will like.

One thing with Glasto' it's not just about the music there is so much more to do over the long weekend, that there is not enough time to take in everything that is going on

True, but for Glastonbury the music is so diverse that you will always find someone you will like.

One thing with Glasto' it's not just about the music there is so much more to do over the long weekend, that there is not enough time to take in everything that is going on

Glastonbury is probably the only event I'll do it as you said it's very diverse and they have a stage for each kind of music, It's the events like Reading and Leeds, Vfest and that which don't have many acts that are different from one another,

I dont see why they don't sell tickets after the Acts hsve been announced?

Glastonbury is probably the only event I'll do it as you said it's very diverse and they have a stage for each kind of music, It's the events like Reading and Leeds, Vfest and that which don't have many acts that are different from one another,

I dont see why they don't sell tickets after the Acts hsve been announced?

Because they don't have to!!

I've been to every major festival this country has to offer and some further a field- None come close to Glastonbury. They sell out because it's Glastonbury, not because of who is playing.

This is so true.

I've been to Pilton [as we locals call it] and not seen a single band on the main stages. Plenty to amuse you elsewhere. It's not like any other festival, which are basically big gigs in a field, it really is a 24/7 sensory barrage.

• Admin

I meant it would make more sense if they sell tickets after they confirm the acts

Mind you, it wasn't that long ago I can remember being in a queue of about 4 people outside the ticket shop in Broadmead, when the tickets went on sale, and was able to get one over the counter.

Compare that to the chaos of recent years, it proves that they will sell out regardless of who is playing

See this list of his albums in some sort of ranking order (no idea how assessed).

They agree with Boatman's Call though.....

http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?b=1278&page=1

Tickets have arrived!

You will love it mate. It's like the real world doesn't exist on the outside of those fences. An unreal atmosphere. You can do what you feel like and nobody gives a monkeys! Happy days! Oh and the music is quality! I'm not going this year sadly as the Stones would have been awesome. I hope it doesn't rain! :)

You will love it mate. It's like the real world doesn't exist on the outside of those fences. An unreal atmosphere. You can do what you feel like and nobody gives a monkeys! Happy days! Oh and the music is quality! I'm not going this year sadly as the Stones would have been awesome. I hope it doesn't rain! :)

Spot on. Words cannot describe how immense it is. Enjoy

Back late last night and my lungs are still recovering :whistle2:

Got in via a method I've promised not to divulge on Saturday afternoon so got to experience about half the festival.

Saw the Stones, but after a bit made the trek to watch Public Enemy instead.

Personal highlights include I Am Kloot [as ever for me] and Steve Mason. Had a chat with Tim Burgess too, over a pint. Which was nice.

Alas when I got back to my car, it had a new extensive scrage all down one side. Love and peace was a bit short in supply when I saw that! :grr:

I also got in yesterday evening and promptly collapsed with severe dehydration. Quality weekend...

Highlights for me were Portishead (even though Geoff Barrow is Gas scum!), Smashing Pumpkins, Savages and of course seeing The Stones- even if the sound was sub standard IMO. Also had some great times in the 'South East Corner'- we managed to get in there Thursday and Sunday with no queuing at all

Back late last night and my lungs are still recovering :whistle2:

Got in via a method I've promised not to divulge on Saturday afternoon so got to experience about half the festival.

Saw the Stones, but after a bit made the trek to watch Public Enemy instead.

Personal highlights include I Am Kloot [as ever for me] and Steve Mason. Had a chat with Tim Burgess too, over a pint. Which was nice.

Alas when I got back to my car, it had a new extensive scrage all down one side. Love and peace was a bit short in supply when I saw that! :grr:

Temptress !

Archived