IGNORED

Time I Said My Thoughts..

Who Are Rovers?

Hi all, I have been reading through the forum, and I thought its time I said what I thought about the season. I've been reading the threads saying 'boo the players' etc, and I do not think its the way you have too handle it in this situation. I belive, if the player turned up every week, and really couldn't give a shit, them I would absoloutly be booing them, maybe not even turning up. But I do not belive, that this is the players fault. The players are always giving their best, but their best isn't enough, because of the quality we have in the side at the moment. I belive, this is completely down too the board appointing Mcinnes. said since day 1 when he got given the job, he is not going too live up too the level of this football club, and he proved that with some of the shocking displays we all witnessed, wolves, Charlton etc. McInnes had something like 10 games too take a look at the squad, see where the problems were, and sort them out in the summer, and too be honest, I think he done the complete opposite. In the summer, he strengthened the upfront, where I belive we were strong anyway, he also did bring in 2 decent signings in other places, Anderson & Cunningham. Apart from that, some of the people who brought in to the club were nothing but mediocre, In Jody Morris, Matthew bates etc. I belive, we never got a replacement for Kalifa Cisse, and needed a solid CB on a long term contract, but he failed too get anyone like that. I really do belive, If the board, would not of gone too the cheap option, and taken such a gamble, gave Dave Jones or someone like that that extra bit of money they wanted, we would not be in such the trouble that there is now, there was potential there back then, and the board left it too late too appoint that manager with experience at this level, who has a good record & knows what he's doing.

This is completely self opinionated, and I thought it may be an interesting read for some of you.

Everyone harps on about McInnes spending on strikers, but all forget last season our most consistent scoreline was probably 3-0 against. We were powderpuff last year and it was reasonable to strengthen uptop and hope this would relieve the midfield and defence.

Let's also not forget we were in for a fair few cb's but didn't land any. AFAIK it isn't the job of the gaffer to agree terms for a player, but he idnetified who he wanted and told the board. If we didn't land Keogh or Gerrard that aint exactly a stick to beat him with

Archived